Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this information clearly enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you should have a few people build your board based on your instructions. Let them give you input. Kinda like an experiment :)

That last drawing looks good. Are you doing a two-tone silkscreen on the board, Boncuk?

With drawings like that you could probably just pictograph the entire assembly and user manual right on the board.

That last drawing looks good. Are you doing a two-tone silkscreen on the board, Boncuk?

Not at all, but the instruction manual will contain this page:

Attachments

• EMERGENCY-LIGHT-SILK.pdf
    60 KB · Views: 317
With drawings like that you could probably just pictograph the entire assembly and user manual right on the board.

That reminds me of a Heathkit function generator, logic probes, power supply and breadboard.

Everything was described clearly and for each part to place there was an extra drawing.

I built the device as the manual prescribed, including the wiring for the power supply.

When I flipped to the next page I got a surprise. The title: "and now follows the transformer wiring for 220VAC mains". :)

There was not one word on the previous page indicating that the 110VAC version was described. :)

Boncuk

Last edited:
Well, write to your legislature and tell them you are sick of that damn dirty dangerous 220V 50hz AC and tell them you want clean safe 110V 60hz!
:)

Well, write to your legislature and tell them you are sick of that damn dirty dangerous 220V 50hz AC and tell them you want clean safe 110V 60hz!

What's safe about 110V/60Hz? :D

Voltages exceeding 40V at 15mA are considered to be fatal. :rolleyes:

Safe and efficient, gets more MPG's out of your vacuum cleaner, makes lightbulbs shine brighter and last longer, stops houseplants wilting from EMI, uplifts the spirit, eliminates the heartbreak of psoriasis, blenders make better drinks off 110V, and nine out of ten computers surveyed report that they would prefer to be powered by 110V instead of 220V.

Last edited:
Safe and efficient, gets more MPG's out of your vacuum cleaner, makes lightbulbs shine brighter and last longer, stops houseplants wilting from EMI, uplifts the spirit, eliminates the heartbreak of psoriasis, blenders make better drinks off 110V, and nine out of ten computers surveyed report that they would prefer to be powered by 110V instead of 220V.

My computer prefers low voltages of 5 and 12V. :)

Hi - have you tried assembling the unit yet? Not sure of the wire size or proximity of holes to terminal block, but fitting the wires as shown could be a nightmare.

Re: 110v Mains supply - What happens when they need high power from a 110 volt system - they go phase to phase to increase the voltage.

Last edited:
Hi - have you tried assembling the unit yet? Not sure of the wire size or proximity of holes to terminal block, but fitting the wires as shown could be a nightmare.

Re: 110v Mains supply - What happens when they need high power from a 110 volt system - they go phase to phase to increase the voltage.

I haven't assembled that particular unit yet, but I did a few built up similar to that. The wire is supposed to be stranded cable which is a MUST if the device is powered by mains from a wall outlet.

Just route the wire generously through the holes and leave loops to get the cable into the proper position. When everything is connected pull back on the loops.

The second question is something nobody can control (except for the electric power supplier). I don't know in which country you are living. :rolleyes:

Of course it still happens in Turkey that mains frequency is first increased up to 80Hz. If that won't satisfy the voltage is increased up to 360V (instead of 220). That way all light bulbs in my apartment were blown one day as well as a constant voltage converter.

Turkey and some other countries might be the exception to the rule. Normally mains power is accurate to +/- 0.25Hz and the voltage is stable at 110 or 230V whichever applies for your country.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back