Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a way to simulate speaker output from Thiele-Small parameters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frimvi

I need to create a simulation of an ideal speaker output. My professor advised me to use Thiele-Small parameters to do it. However, I have only been able to simulate impedance simulation of the speaker. Do you know a way to simulate actual sound pressure output?

Do you understand all the Thiele-Small parameters, such as discussed here?
From the reference efficiency, ηo, you can generate the output acoustic power for a given input power.
From that you can determine the sound pressure versus distance from the speaker.

Last edited:
That only gives me the level of output. I need the exact output signal or the diaphragm offset in given time and frequency.

I need the exact output signal or the diaphragm offset in given time and frequency.
Why?
You initially said you just needed the output sound pressure.
That can be derived from the sound output level.

I need to create a simulation of an ideal speaker output. My professor advised me to use Thiele-Small parameters to do it. However, I have only been able to simulate impedance simulation of the speaker. Do you know a way to simulate actual sound pressure output?

Hello

I posted a spice model of loudspeaker a few months ago. The model is configured using thiele-small parameters taken from a speaker datasheet.

search this site for “LTspice Loudspeaker.”

eT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back