Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Hi Guys,

I would like to build an IR controlled switch. Is there any simple circuits for building the receiver and emitter? Can I install a cascade of IR's so that the signal can be picked up 360 degrees? I would like to control a 7 amp device. I do know I will have to use relays.

Many thanks,

Striker.

Striker said:
Hi Guys,

I would like to build an IR controlled switch. Is there any simple circuits for building the receiver and emitter? Can I install a cascade of IR's so that the signal can be picked up 360 degrees? I would like to control a 7 amp device. I do know I will have to use relays.

One of my PIC tutorials at http://www.winpicprog.co.uk shows how to switch PIC pins on and off using IR, it uses the Sony SIRC system, so you could use a Sony remote to operate it - or build a transmitter as well, details are given.

You could then use the PIC pin to feed a driver to switch your relay, although a relay isn't the only choice.

IR receiver IC's are essentially open-collector, but with an in-built high value pull-up resistor - you should be able to simply connect them in parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back