Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ir sensor module!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought an ir sensor module which has a ir led as transmitter and a tsop as reciever...when i power it with a vcc of 5v, the output reads as 4.8v...but the problem is the output doesnt change on seeing an obstacle...can some1 suggest me a possible solution...how can i check whether the ir led is giving signal or not??

The TSOP should be active low. Hook an LED up to the output and ground, should be on normally, point a TV/VCR remote at it, press a button. The LED should flash.

To check the IR emitter, use a digital camera. Dark room helps, probably not too bright. Do you have a data sheet? The TSOP needs a signal around 38kHz. So your IR emitter needs to sending that out, not constant on.

You don't give much for details, so you want get much more than guesses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back