Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ir reciever help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shpetim

I wanted to exted the ir diode on reciever behind the tv but i accidentaly connected cables wrong and now its not working. I bought new diodes i changed but still isnt working.
Anyone have any idea what the problem could be And how can i solve this?

An IR diode behind the TV isn't going to work at all. We usually talk about an IR emitter or Blaster and an IR receiver.

Commercial products (IR extenders) might use a stick on emitter with or without a window for extension purposes. I never looked to see if they had built in resistors. Same have 2 emitters.

The IR receivers start with a 3 pin chip, usually from Vishay. They need 5V, ground and have an open collector output. There are slightly different varieties.

What exactly did you try to do? Temporarily replacing an emitter with a visible LED can aid troubleshooting. Your cell phone camera can too.

I mean emitter i removed from reciever and i wanted to extend because i have the reciever inside of tv-sideboard i connected 3 wires and send the emitter behind the tv.( i have done this allready twice before in my recievers and it worked) but this time it didnt work.
I bought new emitter i installed direct in reciever but isnt working anymore with original and will the one i bought.

You appear to be using receiver and emmiter as though they're the same thing. Please explain again what you're trying to do?

Mike.

You appear to be using receiver and emmiter as though they're the same thing. Please explain again what you're trying to do?

Mike.

im sorry for my english
Im going to send 2 pictures i think that will explain exactly
1-st pic i removed from reciever
2-nd i extended with 3 wires because i want it to a place my remote controll can reach.

after i did this it is not working anymore so i have ordered some more but its not working with them too.
I have tried to connect it back on reciever but still not working.

Pic1A.jpeg Pic2A.jpeg Pic3A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's printed on the old and new receivers?

f you have a link to the datasheet you think it is, post it.

Damaging the IR receiver is probably easy to do.

See if you can measure the voltage on the pins to what you think is ground. You should probably see +5, +5 and ground, if the reciver is not installed, that should be OK, just note that it isn't.

Do you have an oscilloscpe and/or a 5V power supply?

Are you positive your IR transmitter (remote control)is working? Fresh batteries? Point you cell phone camera at it and push a button that you know is continuous like volume UP/Down.

old reciever CB1963
New reciever VS 1838B
I don’t have an oscilloscope nor a 5V power supply.
All i have is multimeter

Remote controll its 100% working because i use it for my tv too

I can't find the datasheet on the CB1963, but the VS part is likely a good choice. Reversing power likely would kill the sensor. The VS part, basically as some noise immunity.

Not all IR controls work at the same frequency, but probably would work a little if your really close to the sensor.

I guess, you could have figured out how to connect using some reverse engineering.

I don;t have any real options.

I would start checking pin compatibility first of all.

I can't find the datasheet on the CB1963, but the VS part is likely a good choice. Reversing power likely would kill the sensor. The VS part, basically as some noise immunity.

Not all IR controls work at the same frequency, but probably would work a little if your really close to the sensor.

In my experience (and I've replaced a LOT of IR receivers over the years), the frequency makes sod all difference - it might slightly limit the maximum range, but still MUCH further than you would ever need. In fact we only ever stocked one type at work (TFMS5360), and used that as a replacement for all.

Biggest issue is the pin connections, different types often have different pinouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back