Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR multi-button remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentine

I have a new project, but would need some help. Its an infrared remote control with multiple buttons. The buttons would be used to control the relays. But the reciever is not to be based on a PIC and also the transmitter (remote). Can some body help me out with some schematics.

You might be able to find an existing remote control with a suitable number of buttons, at a flea market, junk shop, or local rubbish dump.
Have a look inside and see what transmitter encoder chip it uses.

If you are really really lucky, you may then be able to buy the receiver decoder chip to go with it along with a suggested circuit diagram from the chip supplier.

The receiver section can be home built, but having a small robust, and nice looking commercial hand held remote makes it all so much nicer.

On the remote i've got, there is this 20 pin ic labelled "M34236MJ290GP" and the remote is from a sharp VCR. How do i get the decoder for this transmitter.

Try something much less sophisticated. Something like a garage door opener, or remote for an air conditioner or other very simple appliance.

Many of these use a chip pair, one in the transmitter, another in the receiver to decode each channel.

The big complicated controllers with many modes, usually use a microprocessor that is part of the main device itself.

Here are the schematics of a 4-channel IR-remote switch using Holtek HT12A (TX) and HT12D (RX)

No Pic necessary for that.

Attachments

• 4_CHANNEL_RELAY_DRIVER_REMOTE.pdf
    137.1 KB · Views: 506
Yup, that is exactly the type of thing.

If you keep looking, you might even find one of those transmitters already mounted in a nice plastic box with four buttons and a battery already in there.

Here are the schematics of a 4-channel IR-remote switch using Holtek HT12A (TX) and HT12D (RX)

No Pic necessary for that.
if posibal pl provied me pic microcontroller based ir remote control sw.

Use HT6221/22

if posibal pl provied me pic microcontroller based ir remote control sw.
You can built one such remote controller with HT6221/HT6222 multipurpose encoder. Please follow the datasheet to be able to customize the chip for your purpose. HT6221 can encode 32 keys and the HT6222 can do the same for 64 keys.

@ Boncuk, The attachment isn't functional. I can't access the file. Pls can u post me the link. Thanks.

That one should work.

As blueroomelectronics already mentioned the circuit is based on "Anykits" schematics.

If you are interested PM me for the Eagle files.

Boncuk

Attachments

• 4CH-IR-RX-SCH.gif
    4CH-IR-RX-SCH.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 494
  • 4CH-IR-RX-BRD.gif
    4CH-IR-RX-BRD.gif
    39.5 KB · Views: 624
  • 4CH-IR-TX-SCH.gif
    4CH-IR-TX-SCH.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 634
  • 4CH-IR-TX-BRD.gif