IR Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

I made this like in 10 min i was bored. Any thoughts?

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/adazBdqe60A[/embed]

AtomSoft said:
I made this like in 10 min i was bored. Any thoughts?
Kewl. Now add a LED or LCD display that shows the fan RPM. That'll take more than 10 minutes. Maybe an hour.

AtomSoft said:
i first need to buy a LCD lol
Once you start adding things like LCDs to the Junebug you'll quickly run into the problems I encountered before I did my PortB Mod to my Junebug.

When I later did a PortB Mod for the Firefly, I added the improvements I forgot to put on the Junebug one. They're mentioned in the Junebug article. Look at both projects before going ahead.

These are very nice for the price. Be sure to have some single row header on hand too.

Last edited:
Well you could use the UART tool to display the RPM. Have you tried it yet?

I've put a reaction timer game on my site (on the Junebug page) that uses the UART Tool.

I did some Junebug RS232 code a while back. I'm pretty sure it'll work fine with the PICkit2 software UART Tool. Try it out. Then take it apart and change/improve it to suit your purposes.

I just recently bought from dipmicro and i didnt know they had a ebay store cool

futz im just about to go look at the mods you made.

Cool thats hot. I want to try that. You used the 16x2 from dipMicro?

LOL NEVERMIND just read the rest of posts

OK i got a good thread starter. How can i send data to hyper terminal through a MAX232 (rs232) DB9 I think i should have all the tools for that. I need to buy the LCD so i have to wait for another time to learn that.

ok for this to work i need some info...

I know
RB1/AN5/TX/CK/INT1 = TX
RB4/AN6/RX/DT/KBI0 = RX

Now what else i need? or is that the only wires from the PIC to the 232?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…