Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IoT over Cellular Service/Hardware Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogers has modems that run off 4 & 5 G , im sure a fat cat co in the states would have similar

I'm specifically considering "narrow" cell for IoT devices. This service is designed to sent handfuls of bytes for alarm and data monitoring type applications, with a cost as low as a buck a month or less.

My research has been pre-empted by this – which looks like a motorhome from a future where earth tones are still popular. It's a 1976 GMC Motorhome, with some unexpected gremlins....including an alternator voltage regulator failure a week after we got it which melted a wiring harness.

20210726_123237.jpg

It's a 1976 GMC Motorhome, with some unexpected gremlins....including an alternator voltage regulator failure a week after we got it which melted a wiring harness.
Looks pretty "theft proof" to me - nobody would want to go to jail over that thing.
If you need battery monitoring, gps tracking, etc, go to a reliable source like Digikey - they sell SIM cards and plans for IOT at a very reasonable 3 to $6/mo. I use it for regular text message notifications of a data logger back to my cell phone. Not the data, just the health of the data collection system.

.good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back