Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IoT, Node-Red, Home Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronsimpson

Most Helpful Member
I have automated factories from back in the PDP11 days. I have a home automation system that started with a early Z80, z180, 80186. I am working on a Raspberry Pi system now.
One of my hardest jobs is to get a Z80 to work on the internet. My web pages are hard to make and I never got email to work.

I started using Node-Red software.
1 hour: I got "ping" to work. I can see what computers are on and what cell phones are on the network. (I can see who is home)
1 hour: Made a web page with one variable and made it available to every one on the network.
1 hour: On an event, the computer sends a email to my cell listing what happened.
1 hour: Have web page switches and sliders working. Have text boxes (in & out) working. Meters and graphs working.

So the really hard things happen easy. But I am having a hard time to make the easy things happen. LOL "IF this THAN that" is hard for me but if I knew software better I can see that it is probably easy. If you are trying to get your PC or Pi talking to the world, internet, face-book, cloud, sensors, etc, consider Node Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back