Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SYSTEM DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB-BASED RASPBERRY PI HOME AUTOMATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelibinola

I'm working on a school project using a Raspberry Pi for home automation, but I have no idea how to make my Raspberry Pi act as a Client/Server on a network, so I can access to it with an IP address and control light switches or sensors

Youtube.com
Search for: "Raspberry Pi home automation ".
Also look for Raspberry Pi home automation Node Red.
Raspberry Pi Sonoff

Raspberry Pi Client Server (SQL or MySQL)
That will give you much information. Please come back and tell us what you learned.
Also, on this forum search for the same things. There are many posts. But I think watching Youtube first will be best.

You posted about this last month, but never replied to anything in that thread:

What is your aim? - the software as a project in itself, or just creating a working system?

If you need a working system, get the Pi version of Homeseer, as I suggested last time.

If it's software, look at the WiringPi library and how to integrate that with a web server and database (LAMP stack).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back