Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoTang

Hello everyone! I came across this forum while searching online for circuits. Anyways, I just want to introduce myself and say hi. I have a BSC in Electronic Technologist. I have 3 years experience in the field as a test technician (gotta start somewhere) and working to become a Engineer technologist. I hope I can help in adding input and hopefully at the same time refresh and learn something new.
Just for cariousity I was wondering when you had a job interview, did they "test" you and what type a test was it? ie. pen/paper, verbal or other?

When I was interviewed for my job with Tektronix at the Dallas Service Center back in 1976, I was given a test. But how I actually did on the test wasn't of concern. It was mostly as a point of discussion for the interview that followed. Sure, I might have gotten the bias voltage calculation for a circuit wrong, but the interviewer took me through all kinds of Ohm's Law and circuit theory questions to see what I actually did know about other things in the circuit.

I've also made up a test for use by companies in screening potential job applicants. They were going to use the grade as a first step in getting an interview, so it depends upon the company as to how they will use the test.

Dean

I see, for me I find it a lot harder with verbal test. I tend to freeze in certain situtations and pretty much make myself look like an idiot. I rather take pen/paper test. Oh well, it just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back