Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Introduction to a new device

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

Hi,
I am just curious what do you do when you got new device you have never worked with.
I got ESP32 as a gift and i would like to connect it to wifi, read value from ADC and transfer it to smartphone (reading temperature in greenhouse)
I am ok with programing. No problem at all.
I dont want to learn how wi-fi protocol works (if its not necessary) and write my own code for it. Where do you look for libraries and how do you study them? Reading (and configuring) with ADC should be in datasheet. I have never worked with wifi in any project. Where would you start? Thanks

Plenty of examples here https://randomnerdtutorials.com/ including some very similar to what you want to do.
Thanks. I am interested more in "way how do you figure out how you will do it" with new device. This is probably silly topic :D. Just curious how will enginner get to know with new device.
But i Will definitely take a closer look at yours post. It might be really helpful for me.

Last edited:
Thanks. I am interneted more in "way how do you figure out how you will do it" with new device. This is probably silly topic :D. Just curious how will enginner get to know with new device.
But i Will definitely take a closer look at yours post. It might be really helpful for me.

It's a good link, I highly recommend it!.

I am interneted more in "way how do you figure out how you will do it" with new device.
Experience, ask others, read the datasheet and make something with it.

When it doesn't work, find out why -> as above -> experience, ask others, read the datasheet.

You will go round in ever increasing circles, that circle will slowly become a (reasonably) straight line when you understand what it is you are working with.

And then something new comes out and you start all over again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back