Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intel B1702A value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
512 x 8 Windowed EPROMS!

They require an odd power supply like -50V for programming.

I think they are toast -- pitch 'em

Thought more from a collectors point of view.

Heard somewhere that the 1702A was the first EPROM ever, can that be true?

On eBay, there's one auction that's running less than a dollar each (but not finished yet) and another Buy It Now that's asking $25.

Thought more from a collectors point of view.

Heard somewhere that the 1702A was the first EPROM ever, can that be true?

The 1702A was the first practical EPROM that I remember, and it was 2K bits or 256 x 8. It was certainly among the first parts you could program on the Data I/O programmer. The only competitor at the time was bipolar fuse programmable parts at 256 x 8. Of course they were not erasable, and 1971 was a long time ago, the memory dims after all those years.

Last edited:
Just got a reply back from the ebay seller. Although the photo shows twelve, he's asking $25 for each.

Asking and getting are two different things, but who knows? Heck I have a bunch of old nixie tubes, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back