Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some of the E24 values are wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an anorak here, turning this one upside down.
My understanding is that the original series (E6) was so that resistors could be made (very badly, with a conductive paint) for a target value (eg 2k). When tested, they could be sorted by their actual values into bins where the values were separated by their tolerances.
Eg: 1k (20%) bin would contain 800R to 1k20
1k5 bin goes from 1k20 to 1k80
2k2 - 1k76 to 2k64
3k3 - 2k64 to 3k96
4k7 - 3k76 to 5k64
6k8 - 5k44 to 8k16
10k - 8k0 up

These values fitted quite well, but when tolerances improved and the E12 values came along, they wanted to keep the E6 values and intersperse the new values - but they didn't quite fit as well as they might have done had they used the equation as guide rather than stay with the already rounded values.

Baldi

About the main question, the diference about your list and E24 list, is that it isn't rounded to the NEAREST number, but it is rounded to the UPPER number, so, if the calculated value is 32.1 it is not 32 but 33.

I hope that this could help you.

PS: compiled programs ALWAYS run faster than interpreted ones.... :)

PS 2: I know that this thread is old, but it still without a answer, perhaps it could help somebody in a future search....

[MODNOTE]Deleted Abusive[/MODNOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel thick...seriously. Can anybody help me out??

And you buggers are all smiling :D

As in all of you.....Eric, Nigel,EM and others..

Sleep well guys :p. Love you all.

tvtech

Last edited:
Zzzquil is my favorite over the counter sleep medicine yet!
;)
I just have my wife take a full shot glass of it an hour before I go to bed and I sleep soundly all night! :D

This thread is more than a year old....Please justify why Spammer :mad: Don't just say......."but you are wrong". Idiot. Back it up.

OR offer a solution. Easy hey. Old tv tech does not take kindly to Morons. I deal with Stupidity daily....don't make me think you are a Stupid too.

No offense unless you want me to prove it.....

tv tech
What the hell was that about?

What the hell was that about?

Hi Dougy.....

The persons ONLY post...said this "Sorry, Sbampa12, but you are wrong."

Smacks of an Idiot. No answers...just says you are wrong. That made my blood boil. You see now ?? Just decides to pop in, chirp, and bugger off.

So, I told him his fortune. And rightly so. Not pleasant......but necessary. You will not see this individual again. Hopefully.

After all, ETO stands for accurate information,,,,not chancers.. At least that is the way I look at ETO. I have promoted ETO as thus. Nothing less.

Make no mistake.....there are heaps of Forums out there....Only in ETO do I trust.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
I must say I appreciated the honesty and seeming maturity of your original reply
tvtech said:
Temporary loss of sanity on my part. Got it back together today though.
I feel fine now ;)

Hi Dougy.....
The persons ONLY post...said this "Sorry, Sbampa12, but you are wrong."
Smacks of an Idiot. No answers...just says you are wrong. That made my blood boil. You see now ?? Just decides to pop in, chirp, and bugger off.
So, I told him his fortune. And rightly so. Not pleasant......but necessary. You will not see this individual again. Hopefully.
After all, ETO stands for accurate information,,,,not chancers.. At least that is the way I look at ETO. I have promoted ETO as thus. Nothing less.
Make no mistake.....there are heaps of Forums out there....Only in ETO do I trust.
Regards,
tvtech
Anyway, Sbampa12 was wrong, plain and simple. Out of the 12 values in E12, six are incorrect using Sbampa12's method.

I must say I appreciated the honesty and seeming maturity of your original reply

Anyway, Sbampa12 was wrong, plain and simple. Out of the 12 values in E12, six are incorrect using Sbampa12's method.

Hi doughy

You see the difference between yourself and a one post stirrer.....

You make a statement.....and back it up :D. Simple stuff. You might be wrong with your your back up.....but at least you do it ;)

Personally, I dislike people that just throw things into the wild that they know nothing about....and wait for a reaction.

They are called SPAMMERS in my book. Or simply TROLLS on Forums.

Best regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hi,
Please keep the posts on Topic, ie: E24 values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back