Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intel CPUs - the Mercedes class of CPUs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Hi friends,

here is something to think about when you plan to upgrade your hardware.

My system constists of an ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard, an Intel duo core 2.93GHz CPU and 4GB of Kingston 800MHz DDR-II RAM.

There is one SATA-disk with laughable 350GB contained in it which is the boot drive.

The performance (speed) is more than lousy.

I performed a general performance test using Passmark Perfomance test version 7.0 and compared the result to an ASUS M2A-VM-AM 2X26 equipped with an ATHLON 64X2 Duo-core CPU running at 2.6GHz.

The result is nothing more than frustrating.

Have a look at the graph for your descision.

Regards

Boncuk

I really don't think that's got anything to do with your CPU...

You are asking us to make an AMD vs Intel decision based on a HDD benchmark? Hardly conclusive.

Last edited:
See the screenshot for my results with my Celeron 900 2.2GHz laptop.

You should upgrade your AMD Athlon 64 X2 to a Celeron 900 because the HDD is faster :confused:

Perhaps upgrade the HDD?

Last edited:
I forgot to mention the OS I'm using.

It's 32bit windows xp. Windows 7 is a 64bit OS.

:confused:

I also forgot to mention that I have a solid-state HDD but I guess it didn't matter, because it is the CPU and the OS which makes the HDD go fast, right?

C'mon Boncuk you cannot compare CPU's by using HDD benchmark scores. Period.

Specially if you want to start an AMD vs Intel debate :p

Last edited:
one "Period" is one period too much for my understanding.

It shows me that you don't want any more discussion about your "truth".

You might say this to your children, but I consider it offensive in a forum.

Who do you think you are? "God of ETO"? :confused:

That having been said you'll find your name on the "next to shoot" list.

It's pretty ridiculous to talk about a solid state HDD in comparison to an electro-mechanical device.

Just have a look into 3D capabilities of Intel and AMD CPUs. You'll not trust what you will see!

Boncuk

P.S. Why did Intel want to take over AMD, the last attempt being utmost unfriendly?

one "Period" is one period too much for my understanding.

It shows me that you don't want any more discussion about your "truth".

Are you saying that these HDD benchmarks are an indicator of CPU power? Please explain :confused:

You might say this to your children, but I consider it offensive in a forum.

Some people may consider shooting people offensive. Meh.

That having been said you'll find your name on the "next to shoot" list.

Virtual bullets do me no harm :)

It's pretty ridiculous to talk about a solid state HDD in comparison to an electro-mechanical device.

Of course it is, it is also ridiculous to compare CPU's by looking at a HDD benchmark score, which was the point of showing you my benchmark.

I will not get into the oft-trodden ground of AMD vs. Intel, each has their advantages and disadvantages, my main point is what you used as a comparison. It makes no sense whatsoever to show us a HDD benchmark and then tell us that is why AMD CPU's are better.

Just a thought... perhaps a low HDD score is indicative of a slow HDD, not CPU.

Last edited:
If your boss fires you you'll be shot without any body damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back