Integrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranjita

I am not getting right o/p at the end of integrator.I have used 10Krest and 1microF capacitor i am switching integrator with few Hz square wave.
at the o/p i have exponential carve and not the linnear.
I am not getting where my current is leaking.

A resistor and capacitor is a filter, not an integrator. Even an integrator would have ripple voltage, but a perfect triangle-wave, not exponential.
Have you tried using a peak detector? It wouldn't have much ripple if its decay time is long.

Ranjita said:
I am not getting right o/p at the end of integrator.I have used 10Krest and 1microF capacitor i am switching integrator with few Hz square wave.
at the o/p i have exponential carve and not the linnear.
I am not getting where my current is leaking.
u cannot get a liner o/p with a simple RC Int, u would get a good approx by using large value of R and C (al least rc time const>10 times the period of i/p), but remember o/p voltage will go low..

You need an op amp to make a true integrator. Put the cap in the feedback and the resistor at the input.

Russlk said:
You need an op amp to make a true integrator. Put the cap in the feedback and the resistor at the input.
I agree - but an operational integrator will saturate eventually if not enclosed in a feedback loop. Sometimes it is sufficient to parallel the cap with a high-valued resistor, 10 to 100 times the value of the integrator resistor. Also, an operational integrator inverts, so this has to be taken into account. Actually you can make a noninverting integrator with one op amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…