Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Integrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranjita

I am not getting right o/p at the end of integrator.I have used 10Krest and 1microF capacitor i am switching integrator with few Hz square wave.
at the o/p i have exponential carve and not the linnear.
I am not getting where my current is leaking.

A resistor and capacitor is a filter, not an integrator. Even an integrator would have ripple voltage, but a perfect triangle-wave, not exponential.
Have you tried using a peak detector? It wouldn't have much ripple if its decay time is long.

Ranjita said:
I am not getting right o/p at the end of integrator.I have used 10Krest and 1microF capacitor i am switching integrator with few Hz square wave.
at the o/p i have exponential carve and not the linnear.
I am not getting where my current is leaking.
u cannot get a liner o/p with a simple RC Int, u would get a good approx by using large value of R and C (al least rc time const>10 times the period of i/p), but remember o/p voltage will go low..

Russlk said:
You need an op amp to make a true integrator. Put the cap in the feedback and the resistor at the input.
I agree - but an operational integrator will saturate eventually if not enclosed in a feedback loop. Sometimes it is sufficient to parallel the cap with a high-valued resistor, 10 to 100 times the value of the integrator resistor. Also, an operational integrator inverts, so this has to be taken into account. Actually you can make a noninverting integrator with one op amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back