Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

input voltage for a lm3886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaston

i looked on the spec sheet but didn't see were it said how much input signal voltage it can take. i measered the output from my computer and it doesn't even hit .2 volts. i had to put at least one volt to get 30 out of the amp. i would guess that i need a preamp. thats why i was wondering how much voltage to design the preamp to output. or does anyone have a preamp design already?

The gain is determined by the ratio of Rfi to Ri as shown on the datasheet. The datasheet circuit gives a gain of 21, if you want more, make Rfi larger than 20K ( like 100K). You shouldn't need a preamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back