inkjet printer counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

manuel11

Hi to everybody,
I am interested in installing a digital counter on my inkjet printer. The purpose is to record the number of print outs. Is there anybody who has a circuit for this purpose as well as the installation procedure. Any help would e greatly apprecited.

Thanks!!!!

I think most printers already do this.

Have you looked at the producer's (hp, etc.) website to see if a software patch is available so you can access this information?

buy a counter kit or make one yourself. They essentially consist of connected counter chips (one for each digit) and BCD decoder chips that convert the binary count into a form that is useful to display on a seven segment display.

The way these work is that upon the rising edge of a clock (voltage signal), the counter will increment by one. The trick is to exploit some component of the printing process to automatically create a pulse and hence a rising edge.

Maybe think of mounting a hinged switch that swings up and hits a contact when paper hits it on route to the tray.

Don't forget to debounce your switch though.

Attachments

• hinge.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 235
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…