Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

in need of a transmitter (newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

p-71

Hi I really like this forum

I need a transmitter that puts out 8khz@50% duty cycle for a time of 30ms

I have two different websites that say that I need the one above then the other one says that I need this one
8130hz
I would probley use a 555 timer
Circuit digram would be better

Thanks for any help
p-71

A 555 (or any other RC oscillator) is probably not accurate or stable enough for a transmitter.

Consider using a crystal-based oscillator.

The 555 cannot do 50% duty cycle, if you double the frequency and divide by 2 with a flip-flop, that will be an accurate 50% duty cycle. What do you mean by transmitter? Do you mean oscillator? How accurate does the 30 mS have to be? For an accurate 240 cycles, use a counter otherwise another 555 would work.

p-71 said:
Hi I really like this forum

I need a transmitter that puts out 8khz@50% duty cycle for a time of 30ms

I have two different websites that say that I need the one above then the other one says that I need this one
8130hz
I would probley use a 555 timer
Circuit digram would be better

Thanks for any help
p-71

If you mean a tone burst generator, they usually use two 555's (or a 556), or even just a CMOS logic gate - I'm sure if you look on amateur radio sites you'll find loads of examples - although your frequencies sound far higher than used to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back