Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Im trying to bulid special Midi to Microcontroller device , need own circuit and pro help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
DF 64 potentiometers feeding MiDi over USB with 3 selectable sets of parameters of for each pot.. ? this what you mean... Pot to MiDi ? ( we will get there eventually) post a sketch...
No I dont think I was over reacting now :D.

Unfortunately, members here may have the electronics knowledge but lack your in-depth music production knowledge and are struggling to know what you are doing. So, as granddad said above, "DF, post a block diagram sketch, as language would appear to be a problem".
Must be one of those top secret designs that will revolutionize the music industry. He could tell ya, but then he would have to kill ya :)

I have a lot of patience , the clues are there its just not jelling for me at the moment , if the result ( output ) is MiDi over USB, then that's a tall order, regardless of how many 'knobs' .....

I think USB3.0 would struggle bandwidth wise with this, USB I think is certainly a non starter. Part of me thinks we are not getting the real point, I dont honestly know what he wants and I dont get why some one doing a kick starter would ask about boards on a forum instead 0f having a chat with a board place? Also 500 boards seems a low amount for a kick starter, I assume the product is already made?

The MPD218 in post above, outputs MiDi messages over USB , with the A B C selectors assigning various parameters
( channel , volume, attack etc ) the knobs do A/D for the MiDi control bytes. ( it could be done with a FTDI serial - USB ) the.......... DF "i need 64 analog input microcontroler that may be switched in 3 positions " suggests he/she wants 64 knobs feeding 64 AD channels turned into MiDi control messages , merged with 3 (ABC) settings.. ( frown !)

The MPD218 in post above, outputs MiDi messages over USB , with the A B C selectors assigning various parameters
( channel , volume, attack etc ) the knobs do A/D for the MiDi control bytes. ( it could be done with a FTDI serial - USB ) the.......... DF "i need 64 analog input microcontroler that may be switched in 3 positions " suggests he/she wants 64 knobs feeding 64 AD channels turned into MiDi control messages , merged with 3 (ABC) settings.. ( frown !)
And USB can handle that amount of traffic? Not that we know how much traffic or much detail, I guess more will be known when the page goes on KS.
Just seems a bit odd for a pro company to be taking this sort of path?? But what do I know.

EDIT

Yes looks like if it was 8bit then USB could handle it, 12 bit is a push unless I did it wrong

LG Standard MiDi runs at 31250 baud over opto couplers,(4 wires) put it on USB and i guess whatever it will take
if my guess is correct, then you don't need a 64 AD micro . Could mux with four 16-1 Mikebits Analog Devices AD7502 .
But I probably have it totally wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back