Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ignitron Available (High Voltage, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0sh

All - I went to Apache Reclamation and Electronics here in South Phoenix (3rd Ave and Apache) this weekend, and saw that they had an Ignitron (by National Electronics or something like that), boxed up in a crate.

It looked "brand new" (it was obviously a surplus item) - I asked how much they wanted for it, they quoted me $1000.00. It had various stickers on it saying it contained "corrosive" chemicals and poisonous, etc. Not sure how (based on my limited research, ignitrons contain mercury).

The crate measured about 2.5 x 2.0 x 2.0 feet, and was properly sitting upright; there was a large braided copper cable with large copper lugs on the ends (about an inch or so thick - a lot of copper). The crate was in perfect condition, still with metal straps. No dents on the (stainless steel?) container of the the device.

I thought I would pass this along - for those that don't know, an ignitron is essentially a very high voltage, high current rectifier (turns AC into DC) - I thought maybe somewhere out there someone into Tesla coils or other HV experimentation might be interested...

Once again - I am -not- the owner of the device, and I have no further information about the item. Apache Reclamation can be contacted at:

Apache Reclamation and Electronics, Inc.
313 W. Apache Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85003
(602) 254-0613

They do not have a website or an email address, but they are open to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back