Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICD2 Clone (Lothar Stolz) on MPLAB 7.40 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiagoSilva

Hi, ICD2 Clones are getting popular around the internet, well, here is my question does anyone had tried the ICD2 Clone from Lothar Stolz, with the latest MPLAB 7,40 ?

This is to ensure that I can program PIC24s or dsPics, and since i can’t get samples anymore … I need to spend real money, so insurance is wisely needed ;).

TiagoSilva said:
Hi, ICD2 Clones are getting popular around the internet, well, here is my question does anyone had tried the ICD2 Clone from Lothar Stolz, with the latest MPLAB 7,40 ?

This is to ensure that I can program PIC24s or dsPics, and since i can’t get samples anymore … I need to spend real money, so insurance is wisely needed ;).
My clone is a copy of Lothars, It's a little simpler in the power supply section as it gets VPP from the MAX232

Just drop the VPP a little for the dsPICs but it should work fine. I've posted my PCB layout (early version) in another thread here.

Why can't you get samples anymore?

Wow, the whole Country..

When I worked for a large firm (many years ago) the distributors would come by and take a list from you and go order them and passthem thru.. That was service

I know someone that is always bragging about all the samples he gets. I just tell him, look $10-20 (that is with priority mail shipping) with mouser and I can get plenty of chips. He uses different address.. So I can see why they lock out areas.

Eh, guys from the universities i guess, they where leeching the samples supplies without using university emails ... then they just made samples available only to private email organizations, and banned all Hotmail and same kind of providers ... Hopefully i will get one in the end of this year lol anyway i just like samples because i have all to choose and don't need to pay the shipment ... The shipment is more expensive than the PIC ... There is no point in buying only 1 PIC.

TiagoSilva said:
The main question lol Who has a PIC16F876A on Lothar ICD2 Clone working with MPLAB 7.40 ???
I DO! It's the Serial version, not the USB version. Actually, I built it originally with an '876 and then I replaced the '876 with an '876A using the "A" bootloader. It works great with the MPLAB 7.40 I'm running here.

Mike
icd2-screen-shot-jpg.8501

Last edited:
Nice, then i must develop a small pcb, i'm doing most of the board for smd's :D
Thank's a lot, i have you refered bootloader, ( A version from other posts here ) is that the one you use ?

Best Regards.

TiagoSilva said:
i have you refered bootloader, ( A version from other posts here ) is that the one you use ?

Best Regards.

Yes, that's the one I'm using.

Good luck on your board design.

Regards, Mike

can please someone give me the "A" version bootloader for the PIC16F876A because I searched the web but i can't find it :(
or if you can post only a link were I can find my self the bootloader
thanks
Devil

but that is for PIC16F877A can I use that for PIC16F876A ?

Not a clue. But why are you building an ICD2 instead of a PicKit2 ?
because i need for debug the projects that i build, for some PIC's the MPLAB v.7.60 (I think this is what i have) dont support the PK2 clone ..
so I want to build some ICD for this PIC's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back