Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC TESTER CIRCUIT REQD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukanya

I urgently require circuit diagram for on ic tester.It should be preferably microprocessor based and should be a go/no go type.It should test th 74xx series of ICs(typically and, or, not ).

I dont think you'll easily find a complete circuit to do it. But there are two easy ways that I can think of to do this with not much effort. One method would be to use a PIC/AVR with maybe 24 or so IO. Most 74XX have 20 or less pins. You will probably need to use some bidirectional buffers to attach some of the 74XX pins (since you wont know the size of the part) since you'll need power and ground to move around (but the pins they land on is maybe 4 or something like that). Then you can have a complete tester after you write the code.

alternatively, and I think this is easier would be to just build up a similar type circuit as above without the micro. Then use some type of register, either serial / parallel or whatever to drive some bidirectional latches. control the whole thing from the parallel port of your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back