Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I turned 50 today. Feel like a dinosaur. How old are you guys???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three big things happened in 1969:

The first was Armstrong's walk on the moon on 21 July 1969
The second major event was the Woodstock concert on 15,16,17 August 1969
And last but not least, yours truly was born on 09 October 1969.

So I guess I'm 44 years of age.

PS:
Consider Greece for this gathering so I can join you chaps.

26. Do I seem old? :D

I always pegged you in your 40s. I guess I'm terrible at guessing ages. But like I said, ages are just a number. They don't really mean anything ;)

Matt

hi,
Reading the posts from you youngsters is making me feel old.!:rolleyes:

I am 81 this year, I am beginning to suspect I am the oldest guy on the Forum.......:confused:

Still got my pedal to the metal.

E.

When you retired...

Hola Eric,

Thinking myself to "retire" (actually, slowing down a LOT) this year, when you did it, was it a total stop?

I feel, (at least by now) a little bit reluctant to stop completely because I feel it as throwing overboard all my assets (read experience and maybe...some knowledge).

I always believed that all I know should be transmitted to someone else before the final switch is thrown for me. (Farenheit 451, anyone...?)

Hard to believe but I do not find anyone interested to do my job much less to learn anything about it from me. Strange (if not sad...)

hi,
Reading the posts from you youngsters is making me feel old.!:rolleyes:

I am 81 this year, I am beginning to suspect I am the oldest guy on the Forum.......:confused:

E.

Gotta say...a true Gentleman too. Few like you. Thanks Eric. I hope you live forever.

Regards,
tvtech

Retire!!! Me!! No chance.... I've always maintained that I will die at my desk at work..... I'm not greedy, I just don't want to be at home all day long... I'd end up trawling the net all day, I would get bored s***less....

Retire!!! Me!! No chance.... I've always maintained that I will die at my desk at work..... I'm not greedy, I just don't want to be at home all day long... I'd end up trawling the net all day, I would get bored s***less....

Ian, long time no see! How are you doing?

I agree with you--when I don't have work I don't know what to do. I get extremely bored. I imagine even if I officially retire, I probably won't stop working. Heck, I might become a full-blown professor ;)

Matt

Ian, long time no see! How are you doing?

I agree with you--when I don't have work I don't know what to do. I get extremely bored. I imagine even if I officially retire, I probably won't stop working. Heck, I might become a full-blown professor ;)

Matt

LOL. I know the feeling.

I know stuff....except nobody wants to believe me......in the Workplace that is ;)
Always know better.....bang...start again.....told you so etc....
No wonder I have creases on my forehead...

I am old school. Trained properly from the start ;)

No more of that anymore.

Regards,
tvtech

Hi Ian

Nothing better than a genuine, honest, down to earth honest Moderator.

That is why ETO rocks. Believe me though...if somebody tries to post crap here, there are many members that will not stand for it..

Me included :D

Regards,
tvtech

I have been retired for about 12 years and I love it. Every day is a Saturday and I do whatever I want whenever I want.
I have very many things to do each day and accomplish most of them with pride. Every day is different (the same with the work I did).
My kids are grown up, married and live nearby. I spend a fair amount of my time helping them grow up more.

I tried golf twice with the company I retired from (summer picnics).
The very first time I was pretty good. The second time I was mediocre. I never played golf again.
Then came the basketball game. Girls against guys. The girls won.:(

Today I tested my blood pressure twice. The first time it was a little high but a minute later it was a little low. The average is like a guy who is 49 years younger than me and I feel just like him!

When I retire (I'm 70 now) I will take up golf and beat that twerp Tiger W(hatshisname) at it! E

Have you noticed the girls he use to have around? Most probably, I guess...

Will you contend in that field as well? :p :p

Hola Eric,

Thinking myself to "retire" (actually, slowing down a LOT) this year, when you did it, was it a total stop?

I feel, (at least by now) a little bit reluctant to stop completely because I feel it as throwing overboard all my assets (read experience and maybe...some knowledge).

I always believed that all I know should be transmitted to someone else before the final switch is thrown for me. (Farenheit 451, anyone...?)

Hard to believe but I do not find anyone interested to do my job much less to learn anything about it from me. Strange (if not sad...)

What is your job, if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back