Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I turned 50 today. Feel like a dinosaur. How old are you guys???

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video was full of ads. Its speech was British so it should have sub-titles, especially when it talked about "fausting" (fasting?).

I can run very faust and my weight is the same as it was 50 years ago without fausting so maybe that is why I feel younger than I am.

I read somewhere recently (I think it was Slashdot but I can't find it now) that the healthy diet and exercise mantra of modern times is flawed. There are so many other factors in the modern world causing modern people to be overweight that diet and exercise don't make as much difference as we think they should.

There are so many other factors in the modern world causing modern people to be overweight that diet and exercise don't make as much difference as we think they should.

That's an interesting concept. Maybe you can flesh it out. How do you gain weight (fat), if you don't eat?

I always thought that if you didn't eat, you didn't gain weight. You lost weight. Exercise is not to lose weight generally. It is to remain "in shape" and to develop cardiovascular stamina, as well as some other benefits.

John

After much painstaking searching, I found the article: **broken link removed**

Oh audioguru - not many British people actually speak like him! When I read "faust" in my head I say "fowst" (and I've no idea of the correct pronunciation) - and you probably pronounce that differently to me - thank goodness for the written word!

Last edited:
Hello

The thread title says it all. Please be truthful and don't lie. Serves no purpose if you do.

tvtech

Feliz cumpleaños.
Will be 52 in a few days. Not extinct yet so I don't feel like a dinosaur...still not as healthy as I would like. It could be worse.....

Prprog

My apologies, I didn't realise the site I linked to had inserted lots of advertising into the documentary. The original aired on the BBC and so contain no adds whatsoever. Long term studies will throw more light on the subject but the show was about the latest research and I found that most fascinating.

In defense of Michael Mosley, if you look him up on youtube, you will see that he has produced a lot of programs and it is only this one that resulted in any commercial product.

Mike.

When you exercise regularly, your metabolism is raised so that you burn more calories all the time, even when you are resting, then you can almost eat like a pig and not gain weight.

When you diet and eat less then your body goes into a starvation mode which keeps calories so you do not lose as much weight as you think.

When you exercise regularly, your metabolism is raised so that you burn more calories all the time, even when you are resting, then you can almost eat like a pig and not gain weight.

When you diet and eat less then your body goes into a starvation mode which keeps calories so you do not lose as much weight as you think.
Also I found, When you exercise regularly, it becomes a pleasant pastime which make you want to do it more and more... I think your body releases some chemicals that makes you feel good about it.... I get out as much as I can now...

I was the ultimate couch potato... I feel great now....

Im 28 and I only use electronics as an interest and to back up my programming with smaller Uc´s. So I am so thankfull for the brilliant people in here. I was supporting once, but it seems to have stopped, I dunno why

Im 28 and I only use electronics as an interest and to back up my programming with smaller Uc´s. So I am so thankfull for the brilliant people in here. I was supporting once, but it seems to have stopped, I dunno why

(You said, I was supporting once, but it seems to have stopped?) Do you mean that you were a Forum Supporter and now not? If so, I see your Forum Support tag under your Avatar. Or your not supporting the forum by helping others? I'm not sure what you mean?

If you mean people were supporting you in the Forum and now they are not, it may be something to do with your project ideas or the way you phrase your questions, most "senior members" have a hard time understanding me, it's not their fault, it's mine.

I just have to learn how to speak with electronics terms. I still have a long way to go to get the help of "senior members" on the forum, once in a while I get someone to throw me a bone.

I've had some say my project is just not interesting enough. Find projects that are fun and interesting and you won't even have to ask another question, they will just keep on twisting and twisting it until the final end. Some threads on the forum never seem to die.

If you want to know what I mean, look up the "Help with a Water Pump"

(You said, I was supporting once, but it seems to have stopped?) Do you mean that you were a Forum Supporter and now not? If so, I see your Forum Support tag under your Avatar. Or your not supporting the forum by helping others? I'm not sure what you mean?

If you mean people were supporting you in the Forum and now they are not, it may be something to do with your project ideas or the way you phrase your questions, most "senior members" have a hard time understanding me, it's not their fault, it's mine.

I just have to learn how to speak with electronics terms. I still have a long way to go to get the help of "senior members" on the forum, once in a while I get someone to throw me a bone.

I've had some say my project is just not interesting enough. Find projects that are fun and interesting and you won't even have to ask another question, they will just keep on twisting and twisting it until the final end. Some threads on the forum never seem to die.

If you want to know what I mean, look up the "Help with a Water Pump"
I get all the help I can ask for in here. I meant I was a supporter before, never stopped it and thought it would keep on going. But My supporter tag disappeared and now I "signed" up again. I still don't quite know if I have to resubscribe each month, or if something just went wrong, since someone also wrote that the account you transfer too, was changed.

And I have had many quistions in here that kept on for long time :)

I get all the help I can ask for in here. I meant I was a supporter before, never stopped it and thought it would keep on going. But My supporter tag disappeared and now I "signed" up again. I still don't quite know if I have to resubscribe each month, or if something just went wrong, since someone also wrote that the account you transfer too, was changed.

I think everything changed when we went to new software and such. I'm not to worried about it. I would like to have the alway's present header for the Alerts and such to have a go to Bottom or Top
in it, I think that would be cool.

Simon,
Look under your user name drop down menu,,,check the Account Upgrades
E

Simon,
Look under your user name drop down menu,,,check the Account Upgrades
E

It say's I'm monthly but I have no transactions in my Paypal, I alway's pay for the year. It say's It'll expire in Dec and that is when I updated last year. I think it's the monthly thing that has people confused.

It say's I'm monthly but I have no transactions in my Paypal, I alway's pay for the year. It say's It'll expire in Dec and that is when I updated last year. I think it's the monthly thing that has people confused.

Ok, so I'm posting to my own post, but this is important for those who use Paypal. I did change cards in the year before this year and I did close that card to Paypal, during a period of attacks to the Website.

So, be aware and only open it, when needed.

kv

Edit: Go>Account settings>Add Credit Card> then add or delete card, delete card.

Are you sure you want to delete card, yes.

Done.

kv

Edit: Edit: The better solution to an ongoing account access is to do a pre-paid card knowing it will be deducted to the end of your deposit of the card.

Last edited:
as for topic, i'm 22, still some kiddos says i'm old :D...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back