Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I turned 50 today. Feel like a dinosaur. How old are you guys???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Norator read or counted all the post of age in this Thread, I think he's coming up with the average age based on those posts.
Yes, and using the quartile function on my spreadsheet gives some idea of the distribution of ages. And "bucket list" was mentioned so this connects to mortality. There may be more connections between all that was brought up in this thread.
The connection to circuitry and machines in general is failure analysis, reliability, etc.

I'm kind of surprised at the responses to tvtech's posts about my reply, but I've been away from this forum for a long while.

Last edited:
Yes, and using the quartile function on my spreadsheet gives some idea of the distribution of ages. And "bucket list" was mentioned so this connects to mortality. There may be more connections between all that was brought up in this thread.
The connection to circuitry and machines in general is failure analysis, reliability, etc.

I'm kind of surprised at the responses to tvtech's posts about my reply, but I've been away from this forum for a long while.

What do you mean you've been away for a long while? You just barely created an account....?

I suppose you're here under an alias then?

Hmm, I bet I know which one you are.... :p

Liar, Liar LOL. You only joined here Apr 2013 :D

"but I've been away from this forum for a long while"

Regards,
tvtech

So, back on Topic..

How old/young are Members here? Dinosaurs are welcome to comment too :D

Regards,
tvtech

What do you mean you've been away for a long while? You just barely created an account....?

Let's not play the name game again, (Boring.) If you are a returning member and want to stay out of the name game, you shouldn't have even given us any info otherwise. I always like old members coming back, I enjoy their input, often missing their humor.

Let's leave it to that, ok!

Regards,
kv

So, back on Topic..

How old/young are Members here? Dinosaurs are welcome to comment too :D

Regards,
tvtech

I don't like being called a Dinosaur, maybe hominid.

I'm 3 inches shorter than I used to be:p

Hominid

I don't like being called a Dinosaur, maybe hominid.

I'm 3 inches shorter than I used to be:p

Hominid

Hi KV

LOL :D

You are funny. I am also not the Dinosaur I used to be. I have "changed".

Leopards can change their spots....apparently us too..

Outta here for now.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:

Mein Herr "the current #8", I tried to sign on as my original Willbe but couldn't for some reason. Das ist egal, I hope I'm wiser than my former forum persona.

Regarding lying, the minute I tried to blow the whistle on the crooks I worked for I was met with a flood of lies so I researched it.
Paul Ekman is the guru on this and he says all of us lie all the time. Sissela Bok also wrote some stuff.

On aging, try not to become a caricature of your younger self.

Last edited:
That's odd. You may want to talk to the moderators or EM about that.

For anyone who's wondering: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/members/willbe.95292
I did. Apparently they're OK with it and I guess I am, too.

Speaking of age related changes,
"People typically lose about 1 cm (0.4 inches) every 10 years after age 40. Height loss is even more rapid after age 70. You may lose a total of 1 to 3 inches in height as you age. You can help prevent loss of height by following a healthy diet, staying physically active, and preventing and treating bone loss (osteoporosis)."

BTW, what I like about Vermont besides the skiing is that they were going to secede from the Union when the 'shrub' was president.

BTW, what I like about Vermont besides the skiing is that they were going to secede from the Union when the 'shrub' was president.

I like Vermont for the scenery and wilderness. I've never been much of a skier, but I am an avid hiker and biker, and there are so many places to do both around here. It's quiet and there's a lot of wildlife. It's a great, very peaceful place to live. I don't think I ever want to live anywhere else :)

Matt

I did. Apparently they're OK with it and I guess I am, too.

Speaking of age related changes,
"People typically lose about 1 cm (0.4 inches) every 10 years after age 40. Height loss is even more rapid after age 70. You may lose a total of 1 to 3 inches in height as you age. You can help prevent loss of height by following a healthy diet, staying physically active, and preventing and treating bone loss (osteoporosis)."

Glad to have you back, I changed a bit myself. I'm not on as much and spend more time reading in "GenElectChat and Projects"

I've already lost 21/2" anymore and I'll be a hobbit:p

tvtech, from what I could gather, Norator was simply giving the average age of people who responded to the thread. While his comment about only having 26 years left seemed a little dark, his post really wasn't harmful in any way. Unnecessary, perhaps, but nor harmful.

And I don't mean to be rude, but I'd like to see you contributing to more technical threads, tvtech. You seem to have the experience, but most of your posts here appear to be off-topic and of no technical use. If you have the experience I think you do, it would be nice if you would show it by helping other people with their technical questions.

Just my opinion, and once again, I don't mean to be rude.

Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt

No problem. Actually I unwind here at ETO. I am helping/dealing with Technical stuff at work all day long as I am the only trained Technical person here.

When someone is stuck here at work...they always turn to me for an answer. Quite tiring day in and day out. I work for one (me) but have to think for three. Plus, I get stuck sometimes too and there is nobody I can turn to for help. I have to work it out myself.

So, admittedly, I am not very active on the Technical side here.

But I will try harder to spend more time helping here too. However, if I am not sure I am giving the correct Technical advise, I simply don't post.

Guessing games just for the sake of posting doe's not suit my character.

Just me and the way I think. That is why my Technical post count is what it is .It's a good honest Representation of me. No Technical chances ever. I only speak when I know I am sure of my FACTS.

Keep well Buddy,
tvtech

Last edited by tvtech; Today at 07:42 PM.

I am an old geezer and I didn't know that I am shrinking.
Somewhere around my home I marked my height but I guess I painted over it.
Maybe my doctor has a record of my height.
My weight has dropped down to when I was an athletic teenager and I can still run pretty fast.

Dropping weight = sarcopenia?

Running fast upstairs will allow you to measure your hp output. Weighing 160 lbs running up several flights of stairs in 30 seconds had me at 1 hp when I was 20 YO so the vertical distance must have been about 100'. Lately on an exercise machine I can do 2/3 hp for 1 minute.
Your curve for power vs. time may be follow a reciprocal relationship, just like for a battery. A world class biker can do 400W for 20 minutes.

A typical bodybuilder my height should weigh 170 lbs which is what I weigh but my muscle/fat distribution is not too optimum at the moment, even after lifting weights for 6 years. :(

Dropping weight = sarcopenia?(
I still have plenty of muscles. I am eating better and not too much like some big huge heavy people do.

Most big heavy people eat too much hamburgers, hotdogs and ice cream then store the calories inside them.

LOL JimB.

Afterall, this is the place we hang out and let go of Technical stuff. Just talk and have fun. Still a good idea though.....

I would really like to personally meet some of the members here. Could be a party of note.

KV you are on the list. For sure.

Regards,
tvtech

My age 71 , will be 72 in December.

I have just one word to describe all the whippersnappers that just turned fifty ............. ROOKIES ! :woot:

My age 71 , will be 72 in December.

I have just one word to describe all the whippersnappers that just turned fifty ............. ROOKIES ! :woot:

LOL and welcome .

To get to 70 I need another 20 years and a very nubile Wife :p

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back