Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I never Buy online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mvs sarma said:
we can't compare like this when one prefers to purchase in international market. we get a 7805 for indian Rs.8/- while the UK pound is around Rs.75 to 80/-( just helps in comparison)
if i am to purchase the same 7805 from a uk based firm from india where these firms have a base, it costs around Rs.60 to 70/- (all inclusive)

That's true but very few shops in inida really have a library of components.

mvs sarma said:
i got a quote of Rs.6000/- for an AD9851BRSZ in local market , while digikey sells at $20.58++ within America. as it lands here it might cost much more due to P&F and duties.

USD20 = Indian Rs.1000 approx.
and
Indian Rs.6000 = USD120 approx.

So purchasing AD9851 from digikey seems to be a better option, isn't it?

Hi Tanmaysathe,

i was just quoting the inconsistancy inpricing (eitherway). It becomes difficult to judge these rates, componentwise.

there appears no rationale in component pricing, by the international branches( eg., RS components & Farnel etc)-- they just see the main country'price, add up operational costs and further increase to cover import from tht country-- not from manufacturing location ) and convert it to Inddian Rupees. So it becomes too costly for indian customer. Only R&D groups can helplessly purchase at these prices and not an average hobbyist.

gregmcc said:
They add vat here - 14% and maybe sometimes a handling fee. but your right, on low orders you normally get through.

I've done some checking - you have to know your prices as well - for LCD displays in particular, Mouser and Newark charge $12/$18 for a 2x16 char LCD

I can get it locally for the equiv. of $6

Then again the semiconductors/pics are MUCH cheaper at Newark than here - about half price.

We in India get it at local equivalent of less than 3$+

Resistors might not be a good example for pricing; it's expedient and cheaper to have an initial assortment (maybe $20 worth) so you don't have to order singles.

Ayne said:
I never buy electronic components online...
Now i want to buy components online(Microcontroller,connectors, Sip_resistors etc).

Where u guys buy thing like this online?? Cheap..

I am from Pakistan, Multan.

I found www.newark.com ..... ur reviews about it??

I never ordered from newark, but compared their prices on some components and they seemed more pricey than other distributors. My response may not apply to Pakistan and my situation may be little different because I usually buy in quantity, but it may give you some idea.

www.digikey.com is great and they are in many countries, so if you order from them locally, you will not have to pay brokerage and import duties. They charge $5 handling fee on orders below $25, so if you need parts for $10, you may end up paying more than double your order.

I find www.mouser.com has even better prices but they do not have nearly such good shipping rates as digikey, especially internationally.

I use www.arrownac.com a lot. But they are wholesaler and charge $10 handling for each line less than $30. Shipping is next day and they clear it themselves in bulk (to Canada at least) so you do not get hit by brokerage fees.

And for cheap inexpensive - try www.eBay.com. Electronic components category is thriving. Microcontrollers - not so much.

Last but not least - small resellers like myself ;) There is plenty of small electronic component shops that buy wholesale and resell.

I never ordered from newark, but compared their prices on some components and they seemed more pricey than other distributors.

It depends. They sell small quanities at a lower cost then the others. On PICs there are often much less expensive. (from octopart)

digikey PIC18F2550-I/SP-ND 1:$10.08 25:$6.21 100:$5.77
mouser 579-PIC18F2550-I/SP 1:$9.67 25:$7.46 100:$5.50
newark 80K6054 1:$5.92 26:$5.71 100:$5.50

I find Newark has good prices on processors, transistors etc. For other stuff I use Mouser.

3v0 said:
It depends. They sell small quanities at a lower cost then the others. On PICs there are often much less expensive. (from octopart)

--------------I find Newark has good prices on processors, transistors etc. For other stuff I use Mouser.

Hi ,
Following in one site which sells parts -small Qantity and ceaap. as per the the international requests , they could meet.

**broken link removed**

his rates are in Euros. but he has some range of components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back