Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I Need Your Help In These light alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belal 111

Hi
In the Attachments There is a light alarm circuit but there is a problem in these circuit:
When a person cut the light (pass through the laser beam) the alarm will work only if there is no light, in my case these will take less than a second thus I will not hear the alarm, so how can I let it work until I disconnect it in myself.
Thanks...

Attachments

• Light Alarm.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 96
The contents of the above attached .zip file

Attachments

• Light Alarm.jpg
    Light Alarm.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 129
what ICs are those?
perhaps a simple op amp circuit would be better connected as a voltage comparator.

what ICs are those?
perhaps a simple op amp circuit would be better connected as a voltage comparator.

The ICs seem to be a pair of 555 timers. I agree as I would not use the 555 but rather a comparator like the LM339 (or similar family) and have it latch a D flip flop like the 4013. The 555 will work and can be configured as either a Light or Dark detector but I don't see it as the best choice. If I did use the 555 I would still have it drive a flip flop that can latch. Then manually reset the F/F after it was triggered.

Ron

Rewire the first 555 like this:

Attachments

• DF85.png
    DF85.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 138
...I Replaced "R1" by "LDR"

So you want a "beam-break" detector? Then swapping the fixed resistor and the LDR would do that. Resistance of LDR drops when illuminated, so breaking the beam would cause the resistance to rise, causing the voltage at the TRIG input to fall, causing the first 555's output to go high until reset with the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back