Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to know if i need anything else to add to my homemade electric Mouse Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

kepler_2258

I made a homemade mousetrap using a step down transformer from a digital clock a Microwave Oven Transformer a box and a few other things but i need to know if it would work i tryed to test it out but its cold out and rainy so i dont think mice or rats would be out so i need to know if it needs anything to improve it or if it will even work

how it works is by having the 120 VAC going to the step-down transformer and then putting out about 20 VAC and that is then wired into the primary of the Microwave Oven Transformer where i believe it outputs about 350 VAC i don't really know how much current it outputs though but the ground from the Microwave Oven Transformer is fed into a short steel can and the Hot wire from the Microwave Oven Transformer goes into the can and is able to have bait stuck to it so when the rat/mouse goes in it gets zapped, i left it running for about a half an hour and it didn't get really warm so it would have to be on a while to get hot but just in case maybe ill add a fan later but here are the schematics for it below

Schematic.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back