I need information about infrared packages

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHAHRAM_MOJTABAIE said:
which photo diode I must use for this package ?
(photodiod for sendig signal)
An infrared LED is used for transmitting to an infrared receiver.
A photo-diode is different and can receive an infrared signal if it has an electronic circuit added. An infrared receiver has a photo-diode and the electronic circuit in it.

People use exposed film to view an eclipse of the sun. I think it is the UV rays that damage your eyes, and the film blocks it and also reduces visible light. I don't know how well it passes IR.

I connect photo diod instead of photo transistor in receiver and circuit works with low effect.
I want to know the difrrence between "photo diod" and "photo transistor" at same circuit .

A photo-diode can be used reverse-biased and its small leakage current is increased when it receives IR radiation. It can also be used without any bias voltage then it generates a small voltage like a solar cell when it receives IR radiation.

The collector-base diode of a photo-transistor is reverse-biased and its small leakage current is increased when it receives IR radiation. Then the transistor amplifies it.

A photo-transistor is up to 600 times more sensitive than a photo-diode.
A photo-diode is fast and works at fairly high frequencies.
A photo-transistor is slow and doesn't work at high freqencies.
The TSOP IR receiver uses a photo-diode with a high gain amplifier.

A photo transistor is intended to receive a light signal, not transmit infra red. To transmit an Infra Red signal, you need an Infra Red Emitting Diode (IR LED).

A photo-diode is also intended to receive an IR signal, not transmit infra red.
An IR LED is the sending part.

If you want a wide angle that has low sensitivity and might pick up more interference from the sides then select a photo-transistor without a lens.
If you want a focussed very narrow angle with good sensitivity and less pickup of interference from the sides then select a photo-transistor with a lens. It might be difficult to aim.

As I said before, a photo-transistor is slow and might not work for IR remote control. IR receivers use a fast photo-diode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…