Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need information about K6N27

aug

Hello.
Thanks for reading my topic.

I am an novice about eletronics.
I have an damaged video card ... that video card was analyzed by an eletronic professional .. only one component was damaged.
Is an little component named K6N27 having 6 pins ( 3 in each side ).

Doing an search in sites with datasheets was showed that K6N27 is an SOT-363.

Reading some manufacturers datasheets begin the doubts because different informations.
In datasheets have the informations :

MMDT3904
MMDT3904-7-F
SOT-363

Collector-Base Voltage 60 V
Collector-Emitter Voltage 40 V
Emitter-Base Voltage 6 V
94 V in an pdf and 40 V in another pdf.

Being an video card the voltage is from mainboard ...less of 12 volts ?
In datasheets that component K6N27 is 40 and 90 volts.

Well ... my questions are :

- MMDT3904 e MMDT3904-7-F are exactly the same name for that component K6N27 ? both are compatible ?
- SOT-363 , SOT-363-3 e SOT-363-6 are the same type of component ?
- K6N27 is an NPN , N-channel or P-channel ?
- However the datasheets details are 40 and 94 volts and others high voltages (Collector-Base Voltage 60 V , Collector-Emitter Voltage 40 V and Emitter-Base Voltage 6 V) . Not are exactly used the high voltages values ? Is as being maximum voltage output ?

In some forums have replies saying that component is an transistor double N and is generic.

Thanks for your reply.
Have an nice day.

Hello.
Thanks for reading my topic.

I am an novice about eletronics.
I have an damaged video card ... that video card was analyzed by an eletronic professional .. only one component was damaged.
Is an little component named K6N27 having 6 pins ( 3 in each side ).

Doing an search in sites with datasheets was showed that K6N27 is an SOT-363.

Reading some manufacturers datasheets begin the doubts because different informations.
In datasheets have the informations :

If it was analysed by an electronics professional, then why didn't he replace the alleged faulty component?.

SOT-363 is meaningless, it just described the shape and style of the component, nothing to do with the component itself.

Googling K6N27 produces little in the way of useful results, and unfortunately SM components are often pretty likely to have no data, and perhaps even have in-house numbers, which are useless to other than the manufacturers of the unit.

The thread of link of previous reply is about identify if the component is SOT-363. That was confirmed.
Current thread is about details of component K6N27.
For an component used in video cards using an SOT-363 with high voltage perhaps is dangerous.

You need to replace K6N27 and have asked some questions.
The part is labelled with unique SMD codes which correlate to part numbers and date codes
K6N means it has base part number MMDT3904 and all critical specs are identical from all suppliers for this part.

The 94V you mentioned sounds like a UL (underwriters lab) flame resistance code in the top-level description. "Epoxy Meets UL 94 V-0 Flammability Rating"

You have no worries about interchangeability.

Last edited:
Really the component is the MMDT3904.
Removed the damaged component and replaced with MMDT3904.
Now Video card power on.
Need tests power on for long time and 100 % for confirm if is having correct voltage and amperage in vcore.

Thanks very much for all users replying in my topic.
Have an nice week.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back