Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sciencewhiz102

I am trying to use a computer (windows ME) to control other electronic devices (such as lights) and activate them either on a timer or when a USB key with special files on it is inserted into a split USB port. :?

you must 1st know how to use

programming langagues like :

VisualBasic , C, C++ or Pacsal

& then go to interface the PC with outworld

:wink: :wink:

sciencewhiz102 said:
I am trying to use a computer (windows ME) to control other electronic devices (such as lights) and activate them either on a timer or when a USB key with special files on it is inserted into a split USB port. :?
The easiest way is to use Paralel port to interface with "outworld" from your PC. I can't help you with SW :cry:

DTMF said:
the parallel port adress of your PC is

$378

Possibly? - that's only one of the common standard parallel port addresses, now under Windows there are also many non-standard addresses used as well. The standard addresses are:

$378
$278
$3BC

There's an interrupt call under DOS which gives you all the installed port addresses - Windows specific ports can't usually be used under DOS, but should come with Windows drivers.

Nigel Goodwin

i am planning to use parallele & serial port in my final project next year

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

when i start i will need your help

ok :lol:

Hi sciencewhiz. Look into X10 on google. They are pre-made devices for doing exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back