Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I beated two kids and i feel awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacat

It happened just 2 hours ago and I feel so bad right now.
I went down training in the gym there's in my building and there were two 13 years old kids that started bugging me.
At first I ignored them, but then they started knocking on the doors and bugging my cats that were sitting on the gym's window.
Somehow I lost control and told them I'll kick their butt if they touch my cats.
It turned out to be a big mistake.
They came back some time later and threw stones at my cats.
They did it twice even that I warned them that i'd kill them if they do it again.
At the third time, I chased one of them and "only" threw him on the floor.
I wanted it to end by that, but then the other kid came behind my back and hit my forehead with a wood.
Instinctively, I punched him twice in the face (it turns out that he's now got a black eye).
Now i feel so awful about that, i cant believe that i lost control of myself like that.
I also cant believe how much guts these kids have to start teasing a 22 years old man who's twice their size.
I'm afraid they'll hurt my cats when i'm not there (they live on the yard of the building, these are 3 cats i found when they were 2 months old, tiny and sick, and I raised then since them, and now they're almost 2 years old).
I'm also afraid to meet their brothers tomorrow, I just cant believe I got myself into this mess.

You pounced on them like an alphacat and now you feel sad and regretful? Time to change your name to alphasheep.

BTW, are you truly remorseful over it or could you really be scared and concerned that they could charge you with assaulting a minor? Don't know where you live and if such laws prevail there.

THe law and their brothers aside...they deserved it if...what you say is what really happened.

Last edited:
yeah they can definitely take this case to the police and then i'll be in serious sh..
I'm not that kinda person at all, I always try avoid fighting.
The only thing I regret is that I told them i'd beat them up if they touch my cats, thats what triggered them in the first place and brought them into throwing stones at my cats.
If they did it without me saying that, i'd have had much less regrets since I warned them twice and there was nothing more I could do since its againts the law to abuse animals.

I'm not that afraid of the cops since i got a clean record and they'd understand that i did warned them twice.
Thrwoing a kid on the floor isnt that much of assulting, and these two punches came right after he hit me with a wook at the back of my head.

They're 13 years old. Alphacat is 22. You just can't punch a minor unless they hit you first. Even then if the go to the cops and they don't have a record plus they do have a black eye and it's two stories vs one...

Do you have an injury is there any proof. In this country all though unfortunate they were the offenders. Your word will condemn your actions even if you and the cats are the victims.

If anyone heard you say this:

alphacat said:
They did it twice even that I warned them that i'd kill them if they do it again./QUOTE]

Edit: Time to move. Maybe ? Give the cats to the shelter. Maybe ?

Last edited:
I guess I can only hope that this whole thing will be forgotten, I assume that with this two kids' behavior, i'm not the first one who's beated them up.
I want to learn from this case so i could not get myself into this in the next time.
How do you think i should have acted during this all incident?
Lets say I didnt say a single word to them, but they still threw rocks at my cats.
should i stand by my cats and call the cops?
Do cops come over in such cases?

I don't know, but I have a thing against kids who think they're untouchable by the law because they are minors.

Hope, you have a locking gas cap ! In addition I think buying some extra insurance on your car right now would be a good Idea. Kids have a upper hand we work they don't we need sleep they do but do the deed at their discretion.

Better call someone to take pictures of your head it's your only defense right now besides them creating the incident.

kv

Last edited:
I do feel pain at the back of my head, but there're no marks.
I cant beleive it, i was planning on studying but I cant concentrate ever since.
This unknowing of what will happen with all this sh is killing me.

And this day started off so well, my boss returned from overseas with great news from our investors, i had a great experiment with programming our units to switch appliances at zero-cross points, and then this sh happened.

--
dknguyen, I know what you're talking about, but I must say that just like there're kids doing that stuff, there're adults doing so.
I onced walked at the park and there're a bunch of boys my age and they threatened me and even put their hands into my pockets looking for money.
I could have started fighting them just like i did with these little kids, but i didnt since this bunch of boys were stronger than me.
So, even though i just did it, it doesnt take that much to beat up some kids.

Last edited:
I do feel pain at the back of my head, but there're no marks.
I cant beleive it, i was planning on studying but I cant concentrate ever since.
This unknowing of what will happen with all this sh is killing me.

And this day started off so well, my boss returned from overseas with great news from our investors, i had a great experiment with programming our units to switch appliances at zero-cross points, and then this sh happened.

That's how life works, It's how we learn to deal with it. This is the object lesson.

If you have ever seen lier - lier with Jim Carrie it's the part where he goes to the Mens restroom and beats the **** out of himself.

Sorry, just kidding.

To bad it didn't bleed or leave a big lump.

kv

threatened me and even put their hands into my pockets looking for money.

In peru they have kids they called piranha. They all attack at the same time and will use knifes to cut away at pockets and emptying them people are often so surprised that within a minute or so they are left with nothing and half naked to boot.

kv

What should I do if I meet them tomorrow at the neighberhood?
If they come with there brothers then I guess there're not much choices but to end it up once and for good.
But the problem is what if they again start abusing animals?
I cant call the cops after what happened today since they'll probably arrest me,
i'm really helpless about that.

If they come with there brothers then I guess there're not much choices but to end it up once and for good.
I cant call the cops after what happened today since they'll probably arrest me,

Depends. Weight that against the probability of the cops come looking for you instead? Would you prefer that?

Get a head cam and a microphone record the incident what ever happens at least it's on tape and someone will be able to show them as the offenders meanwhile make sure you say some thing like well I know but they first started throwing rocks and then hit me in the back of the head. It was only then I defended myself.

Of course this will not stop them from attacking you. But, that creates a precedence and then that recording can prove you as the victim and them as the attackers. But, you have to just cover best you can and take a beating, put 911 speed dial on your phone too! So, the cops can get the incident on voice recording.

kv

They've already done that plus people a nice wood to the back of the head !

I wouldn't worry about you having influenced them permanently but how they will permanently influence you.

kv

Last edited:
You're right guys, thanks.
If it happens again, i'll call the cops and whatever the cops will decide to do with the knowledge of me hitting these two kids, is in their hands, all i can do is telling them what really happend.

I think the children deserved it and were incredibly stupid to start a fight they should have knon they couldn't win.

A similar thing has happened to me a couple of times in my life: Once a bully set his little brother on me, I pinned him to the ground and banged his head on the floor, the bully then punched me in the face, knocked me down, then left. Another time a kid half my size started on me, again I pinned him to the floor and told him I'd kill him if he tries to fight me again, his older friends came over and threw me in the prickly bushes.

What should you have done in the first place? From what you've said, the kids were just being annoying at first and not actually doing any harm; is this true? If so you should have ignored it, the chances are they would have got board.

If they persisted and started stoning your cats, you should have threatened to call the police if they didn't stop. If they carried on, then you could have used 'reasonable force' to expel them from your property. I take it this is your house, flat or rented accommodation? I don't know what the law is where you live but here in the UK you're allowed to kick people out of you house as long as you don't deliberately harm them, from what I've gathered in the US it's more relaxed, you can shoot them if they refuse to leave.

What should you do now?

Watch out for their brothers or fathers and try to remain calm if you end up in a confrontation with them.

I'm probably not a very good person to give advice on the matter. I'm all right talking about it but, like you, don't always do very well in this sorts of situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back