Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP Pavilion, Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbe

In the upper right corner of the keyboard is a button labelled prt scr over a line which below is written sysrq.

How do I get the screen printed?

Thanks.

The PRT SCR button would actually print the screen on old DOS machines. Now it copys the screen bitmap into the clipboard. If you then paste the clipboard into a paint/photo type program, you can edit/print it from there.

In the upper right corner of the keyboard is a button labelled prt scr over a line which below is written sysrq.

How do I get the screen printed?

Thanks.

Well on my computer if I hit shift prt scr and then open an application like Wordpad and then right click / paste, a copy of my desk top gets pasted into the document. You can then select print from the application if you want a hard copy.

So the fundemental thing is that prt scr places a screen shot into the windows clip board, not directly to the printer.

That help?

Edit: Looks like Carl beat me to it ;-)

Lefty

Last edited:
Ask, and ye shall receive!
It works exactly as y'all said.
Thanks, guys. . .:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips