Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP Ink cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

artur83

I am doing a project where I need to have an ink cartridge to spew out ink droplets whithout it being connected to the printer. I'd prefer HP cartridges since they're smaller and cheaper. I only need the black to do it.
So what electrodes should I connect to? What voltage/amps? frequency? AC/DC? I am new to electronics. Thank you very much for your responses.

from what I have observed.
the cartridge has 6 rows of electrodes. and 3 colors.. so it would make sense that each row is for 1 color. except that there is a odd number of electrodes, but perhaps 1 of them is ground.?

and some electrodes share a connection (meaning that they're not exclusively connected to a single print hole).

I will be counting the print nozzels next to try to form a theory on the relationship between the electrodes and the nozzels.

I wish someone would know something on this subject.

maybe you could print out a totally yellow, then red, then blue page.

get a voltmeter, and take the part that connects to the ink cartridge and just start measuring the voltages.

first find out which one(s) are ground, then go to town drawing a diagram.

another alternative would be to blindly apply voltage to the connections and see which ones squirt ink :lol:

did u check google for pinout diagram?

also, it would be very helpful to learn how this part of the printing process works.

i didn't even know the correct term for 'pinout diagram'
but i found one on a re-filler site, (you hide some electrodes to fool the printer to thinking it's another cartridge , a new one)

I am going to try contacting the HP tech support to see if they can be of help, although i doubt it.

i don't own a voltimeter.
I wanted to blindly start applying current to the electrodes, but I am not sure of the voltage/amperage or kind (AC/DC), maybe the tech support will halp at least with that.

but i found one on a re-filler site, (you hide some electrodes to fool the printer to thinking it's another cartridge , a new one)

wut is the purpose of making the printer think there's a new cartridge?

GET A MULTIMETER!!!! its invaluable if even want to kind of get into electronics. if u live in the US, harbor freight is having a sale on them. $3.99, cant beat that! its a digital one. i own that type and it works great.

hmm.. the point of the printer to think there's a new cartridge is 'cause some printers strore 2-3 cartridges in memory to later advise you of the ink level.(in case you didn't mark 'empty' or 'half-empty' on it with a pen yourself). Sometimes even when you re-fill it will still say that you're running low. (happened to me on either HP 1210 or Canon (don't remember).

Multimeter is a great idea, however i dont believe my printer will pront without a cartridge in place. so not sure how it would work? perhaps i'd be able to tell the current and the voltage from it? that would be a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back