Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Butterworth 2nd order HPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_bam

Hello,
Could anyone review my 2nd order Butterworth HPF design? I have mentioned design details along with schematics and initial results.

Design specifications for 2nd HPF: Cutoff frequency= 100Mhz, Design method: by considering equal component, Input signal= 10V,120MHz, sinosidal.

Design specification for OPAMP: Slew rate= 5V/usec , CL=10pF, ICMR+= 4.5V, ICMR-=1.5V , Vdd=5V, GBW>=5MHz, W/L ratio is mentioned with each transistor.

According to the calculations, it should work but I do not know where I am making mistakes...

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 218
Something really amiss if you are doing this at 100 Mhz with 5 Mhz GBW G elements ?
Same comment applies to G element slew rate of only 5V / microsecond. That does not
jive with :

1647278545833.png

What am I missing here ?

Regards, Dana.

I do not know where I am making mistakes...
You seem to be trying to use an audio frequency filter at 100MHz.
You are trying to use an opamp with a 5MHz gain bandwidth at 100MHz.

It is usual practice to make RF filters using inductors and capacitors, not opamps and transistors.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back