Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use HT12E for 8 bit data??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shobhit_goel10

Hi I need to control 2 stepper motors independently by pc parallel port, wirelessly by rf. that requires me to transmit 8 bit data i.e. 4 bits each for either motor.

I am using an encoder at the transmitter end and giving the output to an rf transmitter. The rf receiver at the receiving end will give output to a decoder from where I can get the transmitted data.

I tried to use the HT12E encoder and HT12D decoder but they can encode and decode only 4 data bits. Is there any other encoder/decoder which can by used for 8 bits of data??

Or can I use HT12E for 8 bits data in some way? pls help..

thanks a lot..

You could send 4 lots of 4 bit data. Make the first 2 bits of each data block an identifier (0-3) and the last 2 bits the actual data. So to send 0xA6 you would send 0010, 0110, 1001, 1110. The blue bits are the data (0xA6 = 10100110) and the other bits are a counter (0-3).

Mike.

You could send 4 lots of 4 bit data. Make the first 2 bits of each data block an identifier (0-3) and the last 2 bits the actual data. So to send 0xA6 you would send 0010, 0110, 1001, 1110. The blue bits are the data (0xA6 = 10100110) and the other bits are a counter (0-3).

Mike.

Thanks sir for the reply.. sorry I have not understood some part..

does that mean I use 1st 2 bits (AD8 and AD9 ,pins 10 and 11) as addresses and AD10 and AD11 as data?

I have to transmit and receive 8 bits simultaneously. If I use AD8-AD11 as data that makes only 4 bits.
and using only AD10-AD11 as data will make only 2 bits possible at a time, is that right?

for example,
what I want to do is send and receive 1000 0001. At decoding end, each bit of 1000 goes as input to one of the 4 wires of 1st stepper motor.. and 0001 to that of 2nd stepper motor, simultaneously..

Dont use those chips, that's not what they are for - they are just simple remote control chips.

If you want to transfer data then use a PIC at each end and program them accordingly., details are in my tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back