1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

How to: rounded PCB corners in DipTrace?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Mike - K8LH, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Mike - K8LH

Mike - K8LH Well-Known Member

As the title suggests... anyone know how to make rounded PCB corners using the DipTrace PCB software? I need it for a little retro' Computer project board (see below).

TIA... Cheerful regards, Mike

Retro 1802 SBC #1.png

2. jpanhalt

jpanhalt Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Good morning, Mike.

I use Eagle, not DipTrace. Apparently there are two ways to do it in DipTrace. One is to draw in a program that supports DXF and export to DipTrace. That is exactly what I do for complex or dimensionally rigorous outlines.

Anther way was found on Google, but I have not tried it. Two separate threads on different forums said effectively the same thing, so I quote them here:
    With Eagle one has similar options for drawing, but it can be tricky to trim or get truly closed, not just close, outlines. I generally don't mess with Eagle drawing and go the DXF route, except for the most simple instances.

John

3. Mike - K8LH

Mike - K8LH Well-Known Member

Gosh, that was simple. Thank you, John. I thought I had tried that (face palm)...

Cheerful regards, Mike

Retro 1802 SBC #1.png

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017