Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to: rounded PCB corners in DipTrace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - K8LH

As the title suggests... anyone know how to make rounded PCB corners using the DipTrace PCB software? I need it for a little retro' Computer project board (see below).

TIA... Cheerful regards, Mike

Retro 1802 SBC #1.png

Good morning, Mike.

I use Eagle, not DipTrace. Apparently there are two ways to do it in DipTrace. One is to draw in a program that supports DXF and export to DipTrace. That is exactly what I do for complex or dimensionally rigorous outlines.

Anther way was found on Google, but I have not tried it. Two separate threads on different forums said effectively the same thing, so I quote them here:
Forum 1) You can go about a simple rectangle PCB by Right Clicking the Board Outline and select Board Points, check Create RoundRect Board and enter your dimensions in there.

Forum 2) There is easier way. Open "Objects -> Board Points", click on "Create Circular Board" option and specify radius.

With Eagle one has similar options for drawing, but it can be tricky to trim or get truly closed, not just close, outlines. I generally don't mess with Eagle drawing and go the DXF route, except for the most simple instances.

John

Gosh, that was simple. Thank you, John. I thought I had tried that (face palm)...

Cheerful regards, Mike

Retro 1802 SBC #1.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back