Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a simple oscillator with transistor and Capacitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr13579

I provided a circuit which should discharge at a specific time. But this circuit is not working as an oscillator. How should I make circuit which will give me oscillation?

Attachments

• 20180807_050048.jpg
    20180807_050048.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 383
I don't know of a way to make an oscillator with a single transistor. But here is an example of a classic two transistor oscillator.

xbe7E.png

The circuit in the first post might work as an oscillator if you replace the transistor with an SCR.

There is an oscillator that uses the reverse-biased emitter-base of a transistor that has avalanche breakdown like a Zener diode (the original schematic in this thread has a Zener diode).
Replace the LED with a speaker to hear it.
Change the value of the capacitor to change the frequency.
It will not work if the battery voltage is too low.

Attachments

• relaxation oscillator.png
    relaxation oscillator.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 701
Getting a bit esoteric now aren't we? :D

It also seems fairly obvious that he's looking at audio oscillators, as far as I can recall (never having even seen one) tunnel diode oscillators were for microwave frequencies.
:) Actually Nigel the first tunnel diode oscillator I built was as a kid and maybe the early 60s. It actually ran in the 6 meter ham band or about 50 MHz. I do however agree I was on the esoteric side. OK, we will let it go with a unijunction relaxation oscillator. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back