Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to import new component in LT spice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i downloaded your zip file, and it contains all three files, why do people Zip such small files !
Anyway that .MOD file shown in your pic doesnt resembel mine when i open it in notepad.
have a look

Why are using Notepad to open a *.MOD file, use LTspice,, Notepad will not display correctly

I have just downloaded that last zip from post #37 and its all there.
Strange; it isn't when I try. Below are the screenshots I get.
Pic 1 is the file listing of the zip before unzipping. Note the file type is shown as shortcut, but the file extension doesn't indicate this.
Pic 2 is the file listing after unzipping. Note the file icons have the arrow indicating shortcut.
Pic 3 is the message box I get on trying to open any of the unzipped files. Note the 'shortcut' reference and that the file extension is .xxx.lnk

Screen1.gif
Screen2.gif
Screen3.gif

hi alec,
You are using the original duff zip..

Use the one in post #37, I have tried for a second time its OK.

Its should look like this, note file sizes

Attachments

• AAesp06.gif
    AAesp06.gif
    26 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
i downloaded your zip file, and it contains all three files, why do people Zip such small files !
Anyway that .MOD file shown in your pic doesnt resembel mine when i open it in notepad.
have a look

I use a zip because the Forum software doesn't allow some file type uploads, also its easier than changing the file extensions.

Last edited:
Third time lucky (I swear it was the post #37 zip I tried last time! Maybe my system needs new batteries or refused to overwrite previous files!). The zipped files opened ok this time and the sim now shows Vout as positive. Result.

ok .....

Last edited:
1) Find the opamp2.sym file. If you used the default installation settings for LTSpice the file will be in folder C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib\sym\Opamps.
2) Highlight the file name and copy the file to the same folder.
3) Right-click the file-copy name and change the name to LM324NS.asy.
4) Double-click the file name to open the file in LTS.
5) Right-click the 'opamp2' text.
6) Change the string contents to LM324NS.
7) Save the file.
8) Open file LM324NS.asc (wherever you stored it), ignoring any message about a missing symbol.
9) Add the LM324NS symbol (which should now appear in the Opamps folder).
10) Save the .asc file (ignoring any warning about missing symbol).
11) Reopen the .asc file. It should now open without any warning. Job done.

hey man it is showing only symbol but is not running, it is giving me warnings

Attachments

• sub.png
    sub.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 336
  • subb.png
    subb.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 326
  • juj.png
    juj.png
    54 KB · Views: 327
its not a LIB file its a MOD file so .INCLUDE LM324NS.MOD

....and you've done it again; don't use a space before the file extension.

Well it worked yesterday but today it doesn't! I think yesterday I was running the LM324.asc file using the opamp2 symbol renamed to LM324NS after adding it to the schematic. Today when I replaced the symbol with the LM324NS.asy one from post #37 (or with the one I created as per post #24) I got this error message:-
Screen4.gif
I guess this is something to do with the pin listing sequence. The sequence in the Pin Table for opamp2.asy is different from that in the table for LM324NS.asy, although the NetList for LM324NS.asy is consistent with the pin numbering in the .subckt definition in the LM324NS.MOD model file. I tried editing the Pin Table. LTS lets me do that, but refuses to save the changes.
I'm now out of my depth. Anyone out there know how to fix this so that LM324NS.asy works, or can show me the error of my ways?

hi alec,
Its seems sometimes that LTS has a mind of its own!

Just retested mine it works OK.

As a test, post back the mod, asy and asc files, I will try to see whats happening.

EDIT:
Downloaded the zip from post #37, used the .mod and .asy files I created a new asc circuit.

Tested the circuit, comparing with the LM324 datasheet, it works OK.

Double checked the Opamps\Xopamps2.mod details, cannot see any problems.???

Last edited:
Here they are :-

Attachments

• LM324Test.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 328
Here they are :-

alec,
The asy had reverted back to the default pin outs.
Corrected the pin outs and tested OK.

Attached modified zip, remove existing MOD file and replace with this one.

Attachments

• alec1.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 292
  • AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    36.8 KB · Views: 311
Done what you've told, it is running now
will i have to put .include statement for each LM324NS opamp i use or just one will do ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The asy had reverted back to the default pin outs
That was what I was finding when LTS refused to save my changes. Maybe cached files were being used by LTS instead of revised ones.
I've replaced the mod file, and the asy file for good measure and things now seem ok. (Fingers crossed. Tomorrow is another day!). Thanks for restoring sanity to my system.

Done what you've told, it is running now
will i have to put .include statement for each LM324NS opamp i use or just one will do ?

Just one .include LM324NS.MOD is all you need, you can use as many LM324NS symbols as you need.

hello,

How can i use these file in LT spice ?

**broken link removed**
where to put them, and their symbols ?

hello,

How can i use these file in LT spice ?

**broken link removed**
where to put them, and their symbols ?

hi,
If you install that zen standard.bjt, you will over write the original LTS standard.bjt, do you really want to do that.??

I would suggest you rename to say ZenTran1.mod and the in circuits that use these transistors have .include ZenTran1.mod.

The other method which I use is to make a copy of the standard.bjt andrename the original standard.bjt as orgstandard.bjt as back up in case you mess up.

Then copy and paste from the Zen.bjt only the transistors which you want to add to the standard.bjt , the original transistors and added transistors should then appear as normal when selecting a transistor from the list.

Do you follow?

EDIT:
Comparing the Zen and LTS bjt files, according to the notes in the file, only these four transistors have been added!
*BC548B and BC558B Added (by Other Contributor)
*AC127 and AC128 Added (by Other Contributor)

Last edited:
Hello, that site is only text file , do i copy paste it in notepad and rename it to ZenTran1.mod or Zen.bjt

and how do i copy the transistor files which i want to use from Zen.bjt to standard.bjt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back