Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to import new component in LT spice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT:
Update:
I hadn't spotted the ref in post #1 to using the opamp2 symbol. So I made a copy of that, renamed to LM324NS.asy, in the sym folder, opened the .asy file and edited the value to read LM324NS. The sim now runs ok after resaving the .asc file to get rid of the warning about the missing LM324 symbol.
Can you explain me step by step. i am noob in computers.

hi.
As a test I have downloaded that zip file I posted, unzipped to my desk top, it works fine, look at this image.
There is something wrong in your installation.??
EDIT:
You have also got two include directives in your circuit.!
hey man,
> I dont understand i downloaded a file from yahoo groups it should work directly without changing it , but you changed that file to 3 files.
How will i be able to use other components of yahoo groups when they require alteration !
> i next want to use a chip - which has quad amps (LM324N), (http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/L/M/3/2/LM324N.shtml)
where can i find its model , or will i have to place 4 amps instead of chips.

You have to place a LM324NS on your circuit 4 times , if you want to represent a quad LM324NS.

Use the F6 key to copy your first LM324NS symbol, 4 times.

The 3 files I created have a unique name, LM324NS,,, it is different from the original LM324/NS , so how will that stop you from using the other components.???

Google for LTspice tutorials.

Can you explain me step by step. i am noob in computers.
1) Find the opamp2.sym file. If you used the default installation settings for LTSpice the file will be in folder C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib\sym\Opamps.
2) Highlight the file name and copy the file to the same folder.
3) Right-click the file-copy name and change the name to LM324NS.asy.
4) Double-click the file name to open the file in LTS.
5) Right-click the 'opamp2' text.
6) Change the string contents to LM324NS.
7) Save the file.
8) Open file LM324NS.asc (wherever you stored it), ignoring any message about a missing symbol.
9) Add the LM324NS symbol (which should now appear in the Opamps folder).
10) Save the .asc file (ignoring any warning about missing symbol).
11) Reopen the .asc file. It should now open without any warning. Job done.

I dont understand i downloaded a file from yahoo groups it should work directly without changing it , but you changed that file to 3 files.
Why do you assume it should work directly? Never assume anything in computerland :D
Downloads are often in zipped form. A single zipped file can contain several individual files.

it worked as you said , now its symbol is shown in components box , but its only a symbol where is the working file !
and where do i save .asc file and .mod file. i will post back again here if it doesnt work.

Last edited:
**broken link removed**
i downloaded CD4000 sereis of .lib file and .sym symbols file from two different sources shown in this link.
i copy pasted .lib files in library and .sym file in sym folder , they are showing in component box. what to type in .op box so that library files are included ?

where is the working file !
and where do i save .asc file.
Eric has already told you. See post #15.

what to type in .op box so that library files are included ?
Type .inc CD4000.lib

If LTS can't then find the .lib file you'll get an error message. If so, try moving the .lib file to the .sub folder (that worked for me).

here look i saved it in .sub folder
i maked a test circuit to see weather its working but its still giving me error.
i downloaded an example circuit which uses same CD4000.lib file and it works fine.

Attachments

• lib.png
    lib.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 343
  • fgfg.png
    fgfg.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Remove the space between '4000' and '.lib' in your schematic!

lol :p
it worked. its input are 2v,2v and output is 3.3V

lol :p
it worked. its input are 2v,2v and output is 3.3V

The default VDD supply voltage for the digital models is +5V, if you want to change it right click on the CD4000 symbol and change VDD in the Spice Line

Last edited:
Eric, I'm puzzled (situation normal, then!).
Running that LM324NS.asc sim shows Vout as negative, with a mid-point ~ -1.8V. How is a negative output possible with the single-ended supply shown? The load on the LM324 is essentially resistive, so its output should never go below ground.

hi alec,
Its not my model, but I will recheck the original and the modified models, let you know.

EDIT:
For some as yet unknown reason, LTS will not let me overwrite the asy file.???
The original LM324/NS works OK after downloading without any user changes.

Will resume work on it later...

Last edited:
hi alec,

Finally got LTS to save the file I wanted.!

Look at this v2.zip for the LM324NS,, remove all the OLD LM324NS files before unzipping and moving files to their respective folders, lets know.

Last edited:
That zip only contains shortcuts; not the files themselves.

That zip only contains shortcuts; not the files themselves.

I think my PC needs new batteries, what the heck.! I'll be back!!!!

EDIT:
Sorry about the mix up, thanks for your time.:eek:

Attachments

• LM324NS_v2.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Still only shortcuts, that won't open :-(

Still only shortcuts, that won't open :-(

I have just downloaded that last zip from post #37 and its all there.
Look at this screen shot.

Attachments

• AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 331
i downloaded your zip file, and it contains all three files, why do people Zip such small files !
Anyway that .MOD file shown in your pic doesnt resembel mine when i open it in notepad.
have a look

Attachments

• jiojo.png
    jiojo.png
    305.7 KB · Views: 345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back