Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate S/N ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

synthius

Hey guys,
I was wondering if anybody knows how to calculate S/N ratio of an audio amplifier. I have attached the FFT analysis of one channel at 45 watts. Is there someone out there who can tell me how to calculate the signal to noise ratio of this channel.

**broken link removed**

Thanks

synthius said:
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anybody knows how to calculate S/N ratio of an audio amplifier. I have attached the FFT analysis of one channel at 45 watts. Is there someone out there who can tell me how to calculate the signal to noise ratio of this channel.

**broken link removed**

Thanks

answer here: **broken link removed**

I read through that page and can't really extract how to get S/N ratio from my FFT post. Could you give me some sort of equation or solve it for me. I don't' have a lot of time to waste on S/N ratio, have a presentation tomorrow.

thanks for the help though

The max signal is +25.7dB.
The first wave of noise is at 90dB below it and many waves of noise are at 95dB below it.

So the signal to noise ratio is 95.7dB.

audioguru said:
The max signal is +25.7dB.
The first wave of noise is at 90dB below it and many waves of noise are at 95dB below it.

So the signal to noise ratio is 95.7dB.

audioguru, I've only been on this forum for a few days but I've noticed you are very helpful. I was hoping you would come across this post.

Thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back