Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add Next and Previous Button with Android's headset/earphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr13579

I tried to figure out how to add different functionality with headset controller. So far I found how to make signals for volume up and down and play/pause. Now I want to add two switch which can do the next and previous operations. How am I supposed to do that?

I just checked kubeeks link above and if you scroll down you'll see how to set out the circuit
headset-circuit1.png
so you need a 240 a 470 and a 135 ohm resistor and 4 buttons by the looks of it.

Well, the android specification says you can only get a next button, and that with a double click (that can be arranged). How do you expect to get a previous button when the specification does not support it? Do you have a set of hedphones that can do that?

It's only possible if you use remote commands over Bluetooth - something that uses the AVRCP profile.
The "wired" remote simply does not support more than very basic functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back