Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 GB

• > 2 GB

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curently using 300MB of my 1 GB but thats gest to 500MB and more whithout an game.

btw: My phone has half of the ram you have(32MB)The new firmware is golping it like crazy.

I also have an 256MB RAM on my graphics card(GeForce 6600)

I got it for the same price as the 128MB version.(they got a sale)So i tock the 256

I think 256MB is a bit of an overkill.

Someone Electro said:
I think 256MB is a bit of an overkill.

No, 256 is standard and for some games even required to run good, 512 is a bit of overkill atm...

Half-Life2 and Doom3 have serious trouble running on 128Mb vga in a decent resolution...

My Dell had 512MB from the company. When I got World of Warcraft, I had to update my video card but also added an extra 1GB of memory. I was going to go for 2GB just so I wouldn't have to update for awhile, but RDRAM is quite expensive compared to other types of RAM.
~Mike

danielsmusic said:
i have 768Mb of ram @ DDR400 it is lighting fast

Can you get mo-bo's these days that use RAMBUS 800MHz? I thought there was something faster than double data rate 400? What is it?

for most gaming situations, 380 odd mbs fits what you *need* meaning that 512mb is pretty much NOT overkill, and that it is ideal <necessary>
What I can tell you is I have 1gb ddr2 whatever whatever, and there's no looking back <also used for server etc.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…