Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much ram do you have?

How much RAM do you have?

• < 32 MB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 128 MB

• 265 MB

• 512 MB

• 1 GB

• 1,5 GB

• 2 GB

• > 2 GB

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
my option isn't listed. I have 64MB ram on a P1 200Mhz, and so far, it is working well! hehe ;)

Im curently using 300MB of my 1 GB but thats gest to 500MB and more whithout an game.

btw: My phone has half of the ram you have(32MB)The new firmware is golping it like crazy.

I also have an 256MB RAM on my graphics card(GeForce 6600)

I got it for the same price as the 128MB version.(they got a sale)So i tock the 256

I think 256MB is a bit of an overkill.

Someone Electro said:
I think 256MB is a bit of an overkill.

No, 256 is standard and for some games even required to run good, 512 is a bit of overkill atm...

Half-Life2 and Doom3 have serious trouble running on 128Mb vga in a decent resolution...

My Dell had 512MB from the company. When I got World of Warcraft, I had to update my video card but also added an extra 1GB of memory. I was going to go for 2GB just so I wouldn't have to update for awhile, but RDRAM is quite expensive compared to other types of RAM.
~Mike

danielsmusic said:
i have 768Mb of ram @ DDR400 it is lighting fast

Can you get mo-bo's these days that use RAMBUS 800MHz? I thought there was something faster than double data rate 400? What is it?

for most gaming situations, 380 odd mbs fits what you *need* meaning that 512mb is pretty much NOT overkill, and that it is ideal <necessary>
What I can tell you is I have 1gb ddr2 whatever whatever, and there's no looking back <also used for server etc.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back