Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how i can make dicoder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diod

hi
i have 4 dicoder that each dicoder is 4 to 16.i want make one dicoder with this 4 dicoders that it would be 6 to 64.then how i can make it?

We discussed this in chat, you need some way of decoding the extra data lines that are not being used by the decoders, to enable and disable the 4-16 decoders that you already have. This will need a 2 to 4 decoder that you can build yourself, as I showed you earlier, or you can try to get an IC that already has the decoder function built in. You can try looking into the 74139 as your 2-4 decoder, here is the data sheet for it: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/12/74HC_HCT139_CNV.pdf

If you are looking for another way of doing what you want to, there isn't one unless you want to make the entire decoder from scratch.

how i can connect 4 dicoder to what or which gate or divice to make final (dicoder 6-64)?i khow what you mean.i can understand how i can use dicoder 2 to 4.t it would be 6 to 64?and could you explain how it work?i am just student.i havent more information.i need your help.
i am not stupic i cant explain my guestion right.and my english isnt good
.thanks alot

Last edited:
i am waiting for your help,could you send schematic again.if it pussible.

Last edited:
The 6 to 64 decoder will only have one output on at one time.

Are you going to step between all the 64 outputs in a sequence (1 -> 64)? If you are, then you could use cascaded 4017 ICs, the circuit will be much simpler.

The 2-4 decoder will always have an output active, this active output will drive the enable pin on the 4-16 decoders. Depending on the IC that you are using for the 4-16 decoder, the enable pin will be either active high or active low. When the enable pin is not active, the 4-16 decoder will not decode the signal at all, and all outputs will be at their inactive state regardless of the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back