Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you detect CO2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sensors I am familiar with (Polytron IR CO2 made by Drager) use infrared absorption. Basically, they send a beam of infrared energy (from an IR emitter) thru the sample chamber and calculate the amount of CO2 based on the amount of infrared which gets absorbed. Here's a link: Polytron IR CO2
JB

Hi,
I didn't see a price on the Polytron, but it is a complete instrument, and I can imagine it is at least several hundred dollars. The sensors sold by futurlec are around $20. I have some on my desk, but haven't used them just yet. I think they will be easy to implement. They look and feel well made, and I'm sure will perform very well. The data sheet from futurlec is a bit simple, and I do have some more info stored somewhere here. Let me know if you use them, and I'll share what I have.
Regards,
Robert

BeeBop said:
Hi,
I didn't see a price on the Polytron, but it is a complete instrument, and I can imagine it is at least several hundred dollars.
I expect considerably more than that ... they're very proud of their instruments. Considering that a small tank of calibration gas can easily cost nearly $300US. I was using it (the Polytron IR) as an example of an IR-based detector.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back