Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I get two digit inputs using ASM for my Calculator using 8051?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VortX

I chose to make a Calculator for my "Microcotrollers and Its Applications" course's Project component. I'm not really good at ASM progrmming, I'm more of a C guy (I'm not really good at programming microcontrollers though), but my faculty said the projects MUST be coded in ASM language. So I scoured the Internet for a calculator program and found one (Code Attached). When I showed the code to my Faculty, he said that he wanted the calculator to perform 16 bit operations. So I scoured the internet again and came up with nothing, there wasn't a single ASM code for a 16 bit calculator. So I decided to edit the code myself and simply tried to multiply he first input by 10 and then add it to the second input, but when I tried this I didn't get the desired output. Can someone help me perform 16 bit operations? I'm a total noob at ASM programming, so I'd really appreciate the help

Attachments

• myCalculator.asm
    6.7 KB · Views: 294
Surely the course should have taught you how to write your own program. What use will you be to an employer if the only code you can produce is found on the internet?

Mike.

Surely the course should have taught you how to write your own program. What use will you be to an employer if the only code you can produce is found on the internet?

Mike.
The thing is, the course is being taken so slow, right now the last topic they taught us was "LCD Interfacing", we didn't even get to Keypad interfacing due to the lockdown, but they now want the completed project within a month while the course itself is only half done. I understand your point, but I don't think I can complete a full project when the course is incomplete. The last lab class we had was on Timers and we weren't even able to properly complete the class as the faculty spent most of the time explaining the physical 8051 microcontroller and we were told to complete it during our free periods. We let the management know about these issues, but they're not extending the deadline at this point.

Theres is a full calculator, plus source, plus floating point software for the 8051 on Proteus... I've shut down my main compy but can paste it tomorrow.

However!!! You'll never be able to pass it off as yours.... Very complex...... Just stick to + - / * for now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back